Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Besides EVs there is much going on on the other side where Self Balancing Scooters and One Wheel Hoverboards are taking the world by storm. Since these are electric vehicles as well, what future do you see of them?

Interesting enough to me I wrote a couple of articles and also gathered some data on my website here if you want to take a look and discuss here: Hoverboards & Smart Self Balancing Scooters - X Auto

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Nearly got run down by one in a shopping centre in Beijing last year and also on Southsea seafront in England.
Cue long discussion on Taxation, driving licences, and pavement bans!!!:sleep:

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,603 Posts
....the police have better things to do.
To amend - they SHOULD have better things to do.

...Unfortunately they have a tendency to focus on the wrong things.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of these hover boards everywhere. I had however heard that there had been an exploding battery scare? Was this one of the reasons that they were banned?

I'm all in favour of cool gadgets, having squandered most of my income on them over the years. However these seem so minimal in their benefit - standing up on them seems like more effort than sitting down on a bicycle. The size of the wheels also suggests that you are volunarily adopting Dalek-like mobility restrictions..

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of these hover boards everywhere. I had however heard that there had been an exploding battery scare? Was this one of the reasons that they were banned?

I'm all in favour of cool gadgets, having squandered most of my income on them over the years. However these seem so minimal in their benefit - standing up on them seems like more effort than sitting down on a bicycle. The size of the wheels also suggests that you are volunarily adopting Dalek-like mobility restrictions..
I use an electric unicycle, it has a bigger wheel and can go most places. I use it to get from car charging points to my final destination and means I get to charge and park for free rather than town centre car parks. Also to get into forest clearings to fly my quadcopter where cars can't get to.

I know I could do all this by walking but it's much more fun on a unicycle.

There were some hover boards that had sub standard batteries and chargers but unicycles were OK as far as I know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Actually some sub-standard products might have these kind of problems, but they will reduce with time and occurrence of more quality products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts