Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to have my first year service. I've done 12,000 miles with no problems except the rubber tailgate stoppers falling off.
I'm pleased with the car, even though I previously drove a Mercedes S class.
The battery mileage dropped to 30 miles in the dead of winter, but it's up to 40 now.
Actually, most of my mileage has been long distance motorway journeys - from Cornwall to Scotland - but I've averaged 49 mpg including the miles in the battery, so I'm quite impressed. Locally, I never put any fuel in it.

Any improvements? A wider, stronger beam on the headlights. Quieten down the thumping from the suspension (only on rough roads). I removed the front rubber spoiler in the first week. Add a rear screen wash wipe system.

I wouldn't change it for anything else at the moment, mainly because it's so relaxing to drive. :D

Does anyone know if there have been any recalls since launch?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
I think a very fair review of your first year - and for a previous S Class driver to be pleased must say something - perhaps that is the type of marketing Vauxhall should be using?

My Ampera was a launch car and I had two recalls done at the same time last November. Can't remember what they were though - Sorry...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Recalls - Windscreen wiper plenum seal and possibly the battery coolant bracket. I have not heard of any other recalls

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
RayG said:
Recalls - Windscreen wiper plenum seal and possibly the battery coolant bracket. I have not heard of any other recalls
Were they actually recalls Ray? Or just engineering fixes that dealers were told to put on at next service?

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
My dealer could not get paid for warranty work on my Ampera until he did the recalls so both done well before first service.

Reactions: Big Paul

·
Registered
395 Posts
hopbackguy said:
RayG said:
Were they actually recalls Ray? Or just engineering fixes that dealers were told to put on at next service?
The windscreen wiper Plenum was IIRC not 100% sure on the other. But I think it did depend on when you took delivery and when the car was built etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes I was told the wiper plenum sealing was a recall. although this would not constitute a safety recall so would explain why it is not publicly published.

I understand the anti tamper bracket was to be fitted at the dealership before the customer took collection, some dealers forgot, and so had to fix it, I was not affected, so can't say if it was actually a recall or not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Last March, after having had my Ampera for 2 weeks, I decided to gather a years’ data in order to establish how I use the vehicle and what the savings were. I would not class myself as a particularly heavy footed driver, but not a light footed one either. I drove and used the car just as I would have used my previous ICE. I like the vehicle interior to be warm and used the Auto-MAX climate setting at 23C/24C during the winter, and Auto-ECO setting at 21C/22C in the summer. The year is now over and I have made the following observations:

§ Annual Mileage was 10866 comprising 404 individual journeys.
§ Battery mileage was 7782 ( 71.6% of total).
§ Petrol mileage was 3084. (28.4% of total)
§ There were 346 journeys (85.6%) where no petrol was used.
§ 57 trips (14.4%) were in excess of the battery range.
§ There were 30 trips in excess of 80 miles of which 9 were in excess of 150miles.
§ It took a total of 2581Kwh to charge the car.
§ The car used an average of 29.35 Kwh/100miles or 3.41 miles per Kwh. (from the battery).
§ Fuel cost (petrol and electricity) was £726. (£373 for 280 litres of petrol).
§ ICE use average mpg was 48.05.
§ Battery range indication after a full charge varied between 28miles and 48miles.
§ Longest full battery mileage was 51.2, shortest was 26.5.
§ 1st year Service showed brake linings and tyres to have greater than 80% life remaining

Apart from the occasional radio DAB signal loss and charge port door sticking the car has been trouble free, and remains a pleasure to drive.
The annual cost saving over my previous Vauxhall Insignia Diesel Automatic was £1267, (£977 fuel, £140 Road Tax and £150 1st year service).

·
Registered
167 Posts
How do you pull the data? LK13
I'm sorry to say that there is no magic here. As a retired Engineer I have always had a liking for data and record the info on the Ampera's energy usage data screen after every trip. When convenient I enter the data into an 'XL' spread sheet. I also record the fuel added at the pumps and the KWh used on the data screen is adjusted for charging efficiency. This data was then summarised at the end of 12 months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts