Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car seems to have lost the ability to download music. Its a 2020 I3S with the plus pack which included the online entertainment package. It was working up to a week ago but not for the last few days, at least since the weekend when the whole BMW connected system was down. I have an active subsciption, I can access everything already downloaded and if I add a playlist to Deezer on me PC it appears on the car so there is a data exchange.

There is advice on rebooting the system by holding down the volume knob but that doesnt seem to work with the later cars, I have tried logging out of Deezer and back in again. From the sceenshot you can see the online icon (top right between time and signal strength) is on when the download is requested but greys out when it fails.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on my car, just searched Google and this post came back. I've got an i3 as well but doubt this is specific to the model. BMW online entertainment is most likely down, frustrating really. Fingers crossed it comes back up soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I believe all BMWs have the issue and some people are getting quite exercised about it as they are paying annual subscriptions for no service. There is a thread running on the Deezer community forum and I had a chat with the Deezer helpdesk who confirmed that this is an issue they are aware of and trying to fix. Its rather poor that neither Deezer or BMW can be bothered to inform their customers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same issue on my i3 also. No surprise there given the link in the previous post. My subscription is due for renewal on 20 May but if I log into the Connected Drive Store to renew it just goes to a splash page with 'we're currently on the way' and has done so for over a week. So lots of issues going on with BMW.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Working again for me as well. Thanks for the tip off. Connected Drive Store still isn't available, so on Thursday the subscription runs out:(

I'm in my local dealer on Thursday for the granny charger recall, so will see what they say unless it becomes available in the meantime.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update - BMW Connected Drive Store is now working. Able to extend Online Entertainment by 12 months successfully today. So all good now.

Spoke to person at the local dealership. Knew all about issue with Deezer but nothing to do with the store.

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts