Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my 2018 i3rex to a Sept 2019 i3s which I absolutely love, however I am having difficulty in activating my online entertainment package which is booked until 2021.
In my previous i3rex I was using Deezer which then expired so I tried to register my account in the new car but unfortunately it will not recognise my email address and password and says account status not valid. A call to Deezer informed me I have no account with them and that BMW manage their own Deezer app accounts.
A call to BMW connected drive told me to update my apps but alas this did nothing to resolve.
Before I get back onto BMW has anyone got any advice for me to try and resolve this problem.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I remember correctly I think the free online entertainment with Deezer seems to be linked to an individual email and login. I am using my online entertainment on my Sonos, iPad etc as well as the car. Do you think the previous owner is using it for this vehicle? Just a thought.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking Goldfish120 but the car was a demo and a call to the dealership said that it was not used and all data in the car is deleted before sale anyway.
I have had no help at all from BMW I just get passed around from one person to another at the connected drive customer care saying update the apps then they don't put the app in BMWs anymore really bad advice with no one even three genius's knowing what to do or having any idea how the damn thing works at all. Looking at google it seems you could log in with car as I did in my 2018 i3 but they changed things after 2018 and registering in the car is now not possible. It would not recognise my previous log in details and Deezer said that BMW managed this.
I have since learnt tonight from google that you must log in with your connected drive email and password after signing up with deezer for a free account with the same email and password so I will try it tonight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still not working I must be missing something. I will try to again after deleting all personal data in idrive

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still getting nowhere with this problem.
BMW online services have escalated to a BMW tech advisor but informed me that this could take up to 6 weeks before they get in touch.
Really feel I have been let down by them when its obvious its at there back end where the problem lies as I cannot log on with legitimate credentials.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it helps at all I have online entertainment, and the deezer premium account has a different email and password than the BMW connected account.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mikered when I had my 2018 i3 everything worked perfect just like yours however in 2019 BMW changed how it works.
Still cannot get on it.
Getting a bit fed up now I have already lost over a months subscription.

·
Registered
885 Posts
With android auto have installed on mine. Works great.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts