Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following Rishi Sunak's budget announcement, it looks like only Standard Range+ will be eligible for PiCG at all, from midnight tonight PiCG drops to £3,000 and removed from vehicles over £50k. Long Range is £47,000 after current £3,500 PiCG ( so £50,500 plus £990 doc fee) and Performance is £52,000 even with the grant included. Depending on the options, Standard Range+ with FSD may also exceed £50,000 (remember, the price that matters is not the one you see on the website, but BEFORE current £3,500 PiCG). If you are after LR or Performance, it is likely that the car will cost you £3,500 more after midnight - don't forget to use referral code when ordering! In good news, luxury car tax removed from EVs so that is a £320 a year saving for 5 years, but the sweet spot is to order before midnight, get £3,500 grant AND no VED.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
£20,000 off large vans and lorries. That's quite a saving.

·
Registered
45 Posts
think the sweet spot is to get the paperwork through before midnight, order date does not matter. there is a disclaimer in your order agreement

·
Registered
674 Posts
If Tesla drop the price of the LR by £500 they'd be able to offer customers a discount of £3500 which surely must be worth doing. The Performance I think isn't that much of an issue, as there's very little in that price range that can compete, so it's still a bargain even at £3500 more. If they kept the safety features required for the euro ncap 5 star rating they could also go back to removing autopilot and making it a more affordable post sale unlock of around £1k

·
Registered
412 Posts
We went through all this when Tesla announced the original pricing for M3 with the SR+ being just above the, then, VED. Tesla didn't seem bothered!

·
Registered
113 Posts
With 0% BIK for company cars, Tesla will have no issues selling as many model 3 as they can import. Everyone I know that has a company car up for renewal this year is actively considering a Tesla and what I often hear is how it is “a no brainer”...

·
Registered
440 Posts
In this situation, we ordered a Model 3 LR on Monday through Tesla website but payment is going through 3rd party leasing company. Submitted finance application yesterday around lunchtime. No idea where we stand with this now!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think Tesla should have raised an Order with the olev grant portal on reciept of your order - which was quoted £ at that time. Finance is not important unless the order did not go through without confirmation from finance company. It is up to Tesla to claim the olev grant if they are slow its not your fault. The olev grant can be applied for without VIN or registration plate details.

·
Graphite Grey would be my pick
42 Posts
Just some useful info about Tesla M3 LR. It still qualifies for the grant
Taken from Tesla website, new prices applied. and I quote
"The plug-in grant is a purchase subsidy of up to £3,000 which is deducted from the purchase price of eligible new Tesla vehicles. Vehicles with a list price under £50,000 before application of optional extras, delivery and registration charges are eligible."

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looks like they’ve tweaked the base LR to get under 50k before delivery fees (which seems different to the old VED rules where they were included in the car price), but the website is still generally wrong as it looks to still be applying the new 3k grant to everything. They’ve removed the grant from the MS and MX - it’s probably a development headache to have the grant only reflected on the M3 when it applies

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just some useful info about Tesla M3 LR. It still qualifies for the grant
Taken from Tesla website, new prices applied. and I quote
"The plug-in grant is a purchase subsidy of up to £3,000 which is deducted from the purchase price of eligible new Tesla vehicles. Vehicles with a list price under £50,000 before application of optional extras, delivery and registration charges are eligible."
Be interesting to see if they get away with that.

·
Graphite Grey would be my pick
42 Posts
Looks like they’ve tweaked the base LR to get under 50k before delivery fees (which seems different to the old VED rules where they were included in the car price), but the website is still generally wrong as it looks to still be applying the new 3k grant to everything. They’ve removed the grant from the MS and MX - it’s probably a development headache to have the grant only reflected on the M3 when it applies
it does not show 3k on performance

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Tesla view seems to be based on this, albeit 2 years old it still might hold

I'm still curious to know what an optional upgrade is, and if they are right in claiming paint etc qualify as optional upgrades why they couldn't, like they did when the 90d first came out, call the performance model a LR with "Performance option". For that matter they're all M3 SR+ with either a range, interior, wheels, performance etc update.I guess its where do you drawe the line

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe (dangerous start!) options added by the "dealer" are not included, so fsd, spoiler, wheels? Etc. Could all in theory be dealer fit options. Autopilot not sure as it would have been present for the NCAP test.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I believe (dangerous start!) options added by the "dealer" are not included, so fsd, spoiler, wheels? Etc. Could all in theory be dealer fit options. Autopilot not sure as it would have been present for the NCAP test.
I’d go along with that, and makes paint and interior not options which is different to Tesla’s view. But we’re not the ones deciding

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
If Tesla drop the price of the LR by £500 they'd be able to offer customers a discount of £3500 which surely must be worth doing
All they need to do, is have a "service charge" that recovers the £500 over the next few years. It could be as simple as dropping the price by £500 and charged £100 per year to enable the aircon or make the aircon a £500 software upgrade.

(Real shame the government did not reduce the grant by £0.50 for ever £1 over £48k. Saying the £48k will reduce by 5% a year. )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts