·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4A651470-712D-4AFD-A127-206255DF8D9A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
LOL, that "Traditional Leasing" price is pure fantasy. My 50 is less than half that. Who has £1,300 per month to spend on a car?
Out of interest what deal did you get and who with?

Reactions: E7EV

·
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, that "Traditional Leasing" price is pure fantasy. My 50 is less than half that. Who has £1,300 per month to spend on a car?
And you can pick up a 55 Sportback for waaaaaaaaay less than this currently.

Granted I’ve only had a quick look, but couldn’t find an equivalent model (Quattro 55 Black Edition) for under £1050 a month. That was non maintained, 12k miles pa over 24 months with lowest deposit available.

So you’re paying an extra £250 a month for maintenance, insurance and free public charging (including all kWh costs) on a large number of networks including Ionity. (If you did half your charging with Ionity, that alone could be worth up to £115 a month). And what may appeal to many, a maximum of one months commitment.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
879 Posts
Out of interest what deal did you get and who with?
Swansway garages - 50 Technic on 3+23, 10k miles for £475 Inc VAT.

To be fair, it was a great deal and you'd struggle to find that in the current climate. The cheapest I could find was the same price, but on a 12+35, which is a fair bit more, but still nowhere near this kind of price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I missed this thread - would have saved me some time! - but I also looked and for the equivalent model I could only get within a hundred quid of the onto price for the equivalent 55 black edition on same mileage allowance and then would have had to factor in the insurance, maintenance, charging, etc on top and then the term of the commitment. (All the ones I could find needed 3+ months up front) For me I like the convenience of being able to try things out as a newbie to EVs and there are lots of interesting Models due out, so the all-in no commitment model works for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
0 + 48, 10k miles pa, £525pm, includes insurance, breakdown service, maintenance, servicing, tyres, etc - all I have to pay is electric. (salary sacrifice scheme through work).

50 Technik ¦ Brilliant Black ¦ Black interior ¦ 20in 5 Arm Alloys
Matrix LED Headlights ¦ Side Assist including Pre-Sense Rear ¦ Comfort Remote Pre-conditioning ¦ Storage and Luggage Package
Comfort and Sound Package = (360° Camera ¦ Advanced Key ¦ Bang Olufsen 3d Sound ¦ Extended LED package)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
0 + 48, 10k miles pa, £525pm, includes insurance, breakdown service, maintenance, servicing, tyres, etc - all I have to pay is electric. (salary sacrifice scheme through work).
That’s a good monthly figure, but you are locked in for 4 years, which is why it’s interesting, but impossible to compare with a monthly subscription model with no commitment. Once a lot of people try out the many EV’s coming to market, then it’s possible more will commit to longer periods on lease, PCP etc. But the subscription model is here to stay and I expect to see more manufacturers offering this directly.

Reactions: E7EV and Bhuna50

·
Registered
65 Posts
That’s a good monthly figure, but you are locked in for 4 years, which is why it’s interesting, but impossible to compare with a monthly subscription model with no commitment. Once a lot of people try out the many EV’s coming to market, then it’s possible more will commit to longer periods on lease, PCP etc. But the subscription model is here to stay and I expect to see more manufacturers offering this directly.
If I change my job, I can leave deal immediately at no penalty charge. Other than a change of job, I wont need to change car so happy to do it for the 4 years - appreciate though that this is not a like for like comparison, but shows deals are out there if you shop around.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019, 2014 Nissan Leaf
170 Posts
You could get a model X for that monthly elsewhere! Totally fantasy pricing by onto yet again
Yea, you could get a Yogo for even less.

signed not a Tesla fan.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I understand that monthly deals will come at a premium, but twice the price? Really?

Reactions: Woodulike

·
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I understand that monthly deals will come at a premium, but twice the price? Really?
The deal that @burnt_crisps2 was referring to was for an e-Tron 50 not a 55 and was salary sacrifice, so not directly comparable.

Everyone’s saying ONTO’s deal is extortionate but no one has come up with a lease deal for the same model for under £1050 a month (which I found) so far. And that’s without insurance, maintenance and charging. I saw one quote for an additional £60 a month to include maintenance and another lease company wanted £100. If you’re 35 and live in a high risk area, insurance could easily be £100 a month. And free access to the Ionity network has got to be worth quite a bit as well.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
79 Posts
We are looking at on.to for business at the moment, not that I would ever say it is cheap but salary sacrifice this through your company and you are looking at around £750 a month net impact to employee, even more if they pass the NI savings on to the employee. This also works on cheaper cars but less impact e.g. kona for around £300 per month net which with maintenance insurance and charging I think is a good price! Note I don’t think on.to provide ionity any more.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Note I don’t think on.to provide ionity any more.
Ionity is included as it’s part of the Shell Recharge card so free charging along with all the many others it supports and OnTO also supply the BP Pulse charge card, so many, many options for free charging all over the country.

Reactions: E7EV and Bill N

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ionity is included as it’s part of the Shell Recharge card so free charging along with all the many others it supports and OnTO also supply the BP Pulse charge card, so many, many options for free charging all over the country.
That makes sense, not overly familiar with shell recharge, makes it even more of a bargain if you public charge and ionity is close by.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Salary sacrifice is madness anyway IMO, causes endless problems with HMRC and enslaves you to your employer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts