Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A8F5E698-DA08-46FA-B8CA-4FCFA0E7D39C.png

62A0991C-BDB8-4ADC-B724-168FCB746CEF.png

ONTO look very good value compared to a 24 month lease. A 12k mile lease with one month deposit works out at £424 a month amortised over the two years.

So for an extra £25/month with ONTO you get insurance, maintenance, free electric on the Polar network and only a one month commitment. You’d need to factor in the delivery charge, and maybe annual Car Hire Excess Insurance as well, but still better value than a two year lease.

·
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£5k per year seems seems a lot to me :(

But I see the benefits of leasing defo

JJ
It’s more than leasing a Zoe. Perhaps Renault give better discounts to the leasing companies than Peugeot.

·
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Problemchild
@larkim
@208's Plenty

There has now been two incidents in different ONTO e-208 GT Lines of failing to successfully select a gear. The vehicles were on, and giving all appearances of being ready to go, but any movement of the gear selector failed to engage either drive or reverse.

In my vehicle’s case, the red 12v battery symbol was lit up, and the word ready did not appear. A remote diagnostic was done on the auxiliary battery, and it appeared to be fine.

In both cases, the issue resolved itself after 15 minutes or so. According to the RAC, this is a known fault, but I’ve not heard of anyone else on this forum reporting it. Could it be an issue with ONTO 208s only, due to perhaps a conflict between app and the vehicle key? Unusually for ONTO, 208 subscribers have been given the key as there have been occasions where the app has failed to lock/unlock the vehicle.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I’ve had this - but it’s because the car isn’t in ready mode

It may go into ready but if you don’t drive off after a few mins then it goes into accessory mode.

Also you can put it into that mode if you just press the stop start button without the brake pedal.

I think it’s a user interface issue not a car issue.

In accessory mode the red battery light will be on letting you know you are running off the 12v

JJ

·
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve had this - but it’s because the car isn’t in ready mode

It may go into ready but if you don’t drive off after a few mins then it goes into accessory mode.

Also you can put it into that mode if you just press the stop start button without the brake pedal.

I think it’s a user interface issue not a car issue.

In accessory mode the red battery light will be on letting you know you are running off the 12v

JJ
I tried everything, what you suggested and more. Got out, locked it for 5 minutes, got back in, still wouldn’t move.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Are the brake lights working?

how long are you pressing the stop/start button?

does anything else come up on the screen? (Mine says “press brake to start car”)

is the door properly shut?

is this happening the as soon as you get in the car?

where are you keeping the key on your person? Have you tried holding it next to the sensor on the steering column?

JJ

·
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are the brake lights working?

how long are you pressing the stop/start button?

does anything else come up on the screen? (Mine says “press brake to start car”)

is the door properly shut?

is this happening the as soon as you get in the car?

where are you keeping the key on your person? Have you tried holding it next to the sensor on the steering column?

JJ
It happened just after charging at a BP 150kW Rapid. At one point the key wouldn’t even lock the car. If it happens again, I’ll try some of the things you’ve suggested and report back. Hopefully it won’t and it was a one off blip.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
So was the car left on while charging?

if so then the car defo goes into a non ready “need to switch it off and back on again” mode as its happened to me and I couldn’t get the car to start.

We’re you able to shut off the car so the dash went dead?

the car won’t lock (I don’t think) if it’s in accessory position

[i’ll go check]

JJ

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Ok so it drops out of ready mode after about 15mins

to try and get the car back into ready mode it took quite a long press of the stop start button

5CB7D67F-0DD4-4A2B-8438-06C9BC20BBBA.jpeg

so if say it’s a process thing

turn the car off when you plug in

if you start the car when plugged in then it won’t go to ready mode and will probably stay in that mode after you unplug.

if it’s in not ready mode, long press on the stop start to try and shut the car down or see if the ready status changes

if all else fails, there is a quick release on the 12v +ve terminal ;)

JJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts