Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Just proves that idiots can own and drive these.

If you try and do this the dash lights up and alarms sound.

Also, you have to be pretty close to things to catch the doors.

Morons.

Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did wonder if there was some sort of alarm screaming at them. Niro has a hissy fit if I switch on without first putting on the seatbelt never mind driving off with the doors open.

Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
Even if the alarm wasn鈥檛 sounding for whatever reason, how could you not notice that you had a rear door open in an EV?

But yes, autopilot, maybe the driver was in the back too? 馃お馃槀

Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
I'd expect autopilot to refuse to go if any door was open. That's ridiculous. Arguably the car should refuse even under manual control.

EVEZY code -拢50 off: d409e
I'd expect autopilot to refuse to go if any door was open. That's ridiculous. Arguably the car should refuse even under manual control.
No doubt some would then say it was ridiculous if a faulty door sensor stopped the car from driving under manual control..

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
No doubt some would then say it was ridiculous if a faulty door sensor stopped the car from driving under manual control..
Also if you are say just moving a few feet, then it saves closing all the doors.

It's as if some people want this car to drive itself! ;)

Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
Yes, let's not lose sight of the fact that the driver of the Tesla was a brainless idiot who should never be allowed to be responsible for a car again. And it all has nothing to do with Tesla or EVs.

Registered
Peugeot e-208
Tesla Car slams into bus with distinct 鈥榝alcon wing鈥 door open

Zero to do with Tesla - it could happen in a Delorean too. I suppose it gets the clicks though.

Registered
Tesla is the only production car with this type of door鈥

1 - 13 of 13 Posts