·
Registered
1,948 Posts
You missed the best 0-100
thats in engine mode with a fully charged battery

·
Registered
445 Posts
That time to 100kmph is a little quicker than I would have guessed.

I had a bit of fun a couple of weekends back when Octopus were paying me to charge the car. Tried a bit of hypermiling along the speed-restricted M4 but didn't quite reach 50 miles, then after recharging did a bit of hooning around in sport mode, no doubt being an irritating twat to others at times. From one extreme to the other - all a bit of fun, with the bonus of being paid for every mile I ate!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You missed the best 0-100
thats in engine mode with a fully charged battery
I haven't thought about it before but actually you might be right! Great catch thanks, I will check this out and amend to my next video :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That time to 100kmph is a little quicker than I would have guessed.

I had a bit of fun a couple of weekends back when Octopus were paying me to charge the car. Tried a bit of hypermiling along the speed-restricted M4 but didn't quite reach 50 miles, then after recharging did a bit of hooning around in sport mode, no doubt being an irritating twat to others at times. From one extreme to the other - all a bit of fun, with the bonus of being paid for every mile I ate!! :)
I will soon have an advantage of free charing every single day at work! :D and Its less than 10 miles return so it will much more fun to drive hehe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, new video was just released! 🚀🚀🚀🚀

Opel Ampera on road trip waits for you to be watched 💪💪💪Check out what's the fuel consumption and range of this beast!

Don't forget to hit the like button! 👍👍👍

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Kamil, Welcome to this forum - where in Poland are you? Are there many Amperas on the road in Poland?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Graham!
I'm based in Poznan. Well there are a few hunderds Amperas in Poland. It's quite rare care however I see some of them every now and then.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like your videos on YouTube - you must be the honorary Ampera ambassador to Poland :)
Sadly this brilliant design is no longer in production - I think history will see this as a BIG mistake!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Such a pity thry didn't put it in somthing bigger.
Or make it a 5 seater.
Or.... Well sold the 5th gen Volt.... 50 miles 5 seat never any petrol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like your videos on YouTube - you must be the honorary Ampera ambassador to Poland :)
Sadly this brilliant design is no longer in production - I think history will see this as a BIG mistake!
Thanks!
It was actually my problem, when I fell in love with this car and wanted to buy one I couldn't find any recent info about it. All on the internet were some outdated reviews of nearly new car but nobody was talking about used ones with big milage. For many people electric cars atm are not affordable and 8 years Ampera can be a perfect 1st electric car which can be very affordable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Such a pity thry didn't put it in somthing bigger.
Or make it a 5 seater.
Or.... Well sold the 5th gen Volt.... 50 miles 5 seat never any petrol.
Yeah I don't really know why GM decided to do Chevy Bolt instead of doing full electric Volt with the same or updated shape. I think Ampera is or used to be for sure one of the best looking EVs while most of them (not counting Tesla) looked very bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts