Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an open day kind of event with a green theme run by our local green (not party) group. The idea is people traipse around the village discovering things. I've put our home down for talking about EVs. I feel confident flying the flag verbally, but just wondered if there is anything else that I could do. For example some brochures or goodies on EVs. Has anyone done this sort of thing and/or any suggestions would be welcome. PS this is not a big event with 100s of people, my guess is if we get 10-20 people to talk to that will be a result.

·
Registered
17,461 Posts
With 10-20 people the best thing you can do is take them all for a ride around the block in your EV.

Failing that, lock the doors and submit them to a 96 slide thesis on the benefits of EVs. ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Let people have a go plugging it in, to show them it isn't an alien event happening when moving from fossil fuels, and demonstrate the costs in the app for your charger if you have such a thing, always shocks people when I show them a full charge costing <£2 and can cover 200 miles, and as they can see it with their own eyes they believe it, finally!.

I also did a nice TCO spreadsheet for a work colleague to demonstrate the more you drive the more you save! So I suppose you could give some form of idea showing a comparison with different base costs plus mileages over 2, 3, 4, years etc.

Is someone going to be showing Solar PV? If so you could do a tie up and explain that a charger like the Zappi can take sunlight and make it it to car movement! :)

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
With 10-20 people the best thing you can do is take them all for a ride around the block in your EV.
Don't forget to ask them to pay for your 'leccy - a penny per mile should cover it. :)
Or point out that going about 1/4 of the distance in an ICE would have released more CO2 and infinitely more NOx. Perhaps suggest that they might like to get out and walk at halfway if they are not convinced. ;)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Let people have a go plugging it in,
Given the difficulties (see many other threads) people have understanding charging - AC and DC/rapid - practical experience along with explanations of CCS, SoC, etc, would potentially be very beneficial to the country :)

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
Get them to guess the range of your EV and/or the average daily mileage of a person in this country. Offer a small prize for those who guess correctly. Perhaps a ride in your EV, after the threat of COVID-19 is over.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Borrow a 250 w solar panel from somewhere ( a friendly local installer for free publicity) and ask them to guess how far the annual production would take you.. (That will depend on both car and location but could be around 900 miles, as a tipsy calculation..).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts