Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my dumb Rolec with a Smart Wallbox 7kwh charger.

I like the fact it can communicate via wifi or bluetooth and can be programed, locked etc...

I used my OLEV grant from my GTE (since sold) for the Rolec and will use the OLEV from my ID.3 for the wallbox.

a. Am I still illegible for OLEV?
b. Any opinions on the Wallbox?

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan e-NV200 Combi 40 kWh
273 Posts
while charging its only delivering 3.7kw
The charge point (EVSE) and the connecting cable each tell the car's charger their maximum safe current, and the charger (in the vehicle) also knows its own and the battery's limits. The charge rate you get is the smallest of all those values.

For example, if you're using a socketed charge point, the cable could be rated for 16A even though charge point could supply and car could use more: result 16 A or 3.7 kW.

Describing (and understanding) the charge speed is also complicated by the way in which 3-phase power is described. A 7 to 7.6 kW charge point is single-phase 32A (in 230V Europe), but 11 kW usually refers to 3-phase 16A... not relevant for this question, I hope.

As @DanPaul hints, it might help to know what car this is? Is it a tethered, or a socketed charge point?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
For example, if you're using a socketed charge point, the cable could be rated for 16A
Does the cable have any numbers along its length eg. 3x2.5+0.75 or 3x6+0.75? These indicate
the conductor sizes. 3x2.5 means 3 cores (L,N,E) each 2.5mm2, which will be suitable for 16A, and 3x6 means 6mm2 power cores, which will be suitable for 32A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.