Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new job recently with a company car scheme. In the weeks before I started I read all the reviews I could and decided I'd place an order for a Passat GTE on my first day. Turns out I narrowly missed that boat after it went the same way as the Golf GTE.

Since then I've test driven the Countryman and the Optima Sportswagon and have been trying to make my mind up... until tonight when the Kia dealership called to say they won't be taking any orders on new Optima PHEVs so would I be interested in a used model.

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered my company Optima SW PHEV at the end of January. The expected delivery date to the dealer is 26/06/18

The lease company send me regular updates and up until this week the status was always ‘factory ordered’

This week the status changed to ‘confirmed build’

I know it doesn’t answer your question on new orders but it is a good sign that they are still building them on the production line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@JonK Did your Optima arrive yesterday?

I've had mine on order since March and was originally told end of June. Now being told 'within Q3'. Seemingly no updates on their system which isn't filling me with optimism for a delivery anytime soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Dave Z - no still waiting

The status altered to 'in transit to the UK' several weeks ago and was still scheduled for delivery to the dealer on 26/06/18

On 12 June a further 30 days slippage time was added - I don't expect to see the car before August at the earliest.

Not what you want to hear, if it was my own money I was spending I think I would be cancelling it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I enquired with Lex Autolease through my work as my next company car is due November.
This was their reply on Monday this week, so awaiting the model to be launched in Q3.

We are just waiting for details of the new Kia Optima as they have discontinued the current version. The new model is going to be launched in Q3 and as soon as we have the details from Kia we will then be able to quote for you.

We are not sure of the lead times at the moment but as soon as we have the details I will let you know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting stuff. I spoke to another Kia dealer this week and they also said it is delayed because of the changeover to the facelift Optima. They seemed to think I'd end up with the newer version when it finally arrives. Just hope there's no detrimental changes to the spec.

All rather annoying though as was hoping we'd have it for a family road trip at the end of August. I'm also very keen to get shot of my wife's 'old' (61-plate) Cee'd SW diesel and swap it for a Soul EV but if the Optima hasn't arrived we'll need the Cee'd for our trip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone heard anything useful lately? One of my colleagues who is waiting to order an Optima was told no new ones will be arriving until January. I'm assuming either he and/or the dealer he spoke to has got wrong end of the stick there. Maybe for those who order when the order books reopen in October. I hope!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ha, great! I spoke to the dealer supplying mine yesterday and they said still by end of September latest. He said new orders from October will be Jan delivery. It's a shame as at least 2 of my colleagues would also like one but they might not be able to wait until Jan and be forced to get something diesel or petrol. I'm quite fortunate in that I'm able to wait. If my current vehicle's lease was up anytime soon I'd be forced to choose something else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ahhhh - further slippage time added this week

Latest time to the dealer is now extended to 15th August + pdi,registration & delivery time.

The original delivery date given was 21st May

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll be watching this thread very closely in about a week then. From what I've heard it sounds like all the pre-April orders should start arriving at a similar time. If you do get yours in the next couple of weeks I suppose there's a small chance of getting mine before I go away on the 31st. Won't hold my breath though...

·
Registered
30 Posts
**Update**

The delivery date to my door is for the morning of Wednesday 15th August, I have even been supplied with the registration number.

I had an interesting conversation with the lease company regarding the new WLTP regulations. They wouldn’t normally deliver vehicles this close to the registration change due to the lower residual value further down the line but they have been told that the pre face lift models have to be registered before the 1st September as they have no WLTP figures. Only a limited number of unsold stock can be carried over.

How true this is I don’t know but it does seem a reasonable statement. It has also been noticeable that a large number of different models have been withdrawn from the lease scheme by the manufacturers even after the initial order. The reason given is the WLTP regulation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just did a bit of reading on WLTP (for the first time) and what they've told you is exactly correct. Wish I knew if my car was going to be a facelift or not as at least if not I know I'd have to get it this month.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@JonK Come on then, does it exist? :unsure:

Been chasing Kia and lease co for an update for a week now. Found an old mail where they said my vehicle wasn't WLTP (so therefore it'd have to be registered at the very least by Aug 31st) but they don't seem to be able to give me any info. Still, my wife's Soul EV arrives tomorrow and I've told her I'm having it until my Optima arrives!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Happy days - my Optima SW PHEV arrived today delivered to my door on a transporter.

It seems like a long time since I ordered it in January

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats. Let me know how you get on with it.

Kia now tell me mine wasn't built before May and will therefore be WLTP compliant. Thus the August 31st deadline doesn't apply. They still have no idea when it will arrive and are working on end of Sep because 'they haven't been told otherwise'. Am genuinely thinking to cancel if we don't get something more concrete soon. I suspect it may end up being January. The lack of information would suggest it hasn't even been built.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The vehicle fuel consumption history gives an indication that it rolled off the production line and was first started up in late May - 21/05/18 - 2 miles - this fits in with when my order turned from factory ordered to confirmed build.

I'm very pleased with it so far, its everything I remember liking about it when I had one on a four day demo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, the inevitable call came today. My vehicle has not been built and has a new due date of 'Q1 2019'. After 6 months of waiting and false promises this is beyond infuriating. I have very reluctantly cancelled my order.

Was ordered from Donaldson's Kia in Bury St Edmunds and I lay the blame squarely at their door. For months I have been questioning why they have never been able to give me any updates on the build status on this car and have been fobbed off time and time again. I think if they'd made any effort at all they could have told me 3 months ago my car hadn't been built. I cannot afford to wait until at least January so it is looking like I will have to go with an Outlander, which I can get within 3 weeks. Very, very disappointing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Optima SW PHEV ordered in April is scheduled for Feb delivery next year. Company car and my lease on my current car expired in April but the extension cost per day is less than the original monthly cost (go figure!) Just trying to call my Kia dealership when I came across this forum.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Was ordered from Donalds Kia in Bury St Edmunds and I lay the blame squarely at their door. For months I have been questioning why they have never been able to give me any updates on the build status on this car and have been fobbed off time and time again. I think if they'd made any effort at all they could have told me 3 months ago my car hadn't been built. I cannot afford to wait until at least January so it is looking like I will have to go with an Outlander, which I can get within 3 weeks. Very, very disappointing.
Just came across this, it is not always the dealers fault. Kia do not give dealers much/ any information and nor do the Kia customer support. The blame should lie with the Kia head office and factories. The kia would tell you what they know which is probably what they told you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts