Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cupra Born
825 Posts
V3 in car, and I think 2.2.15 app
I have that on the Born, not sure what its for just not got round to trying to search, the app for the Born says it's about using the HV battery to ensure all of the remote features continue to work rather than the car disabling them if the 12v is low (I assume).

Could be related to things like being able to lock/unlock and other features like that, ensuring that there is always power available to do it (which are currently unavailable for the Born)?

Font Screenshot Circle Number

·
Registered
VW ID.4 First Edition
80 Posts
If you turn on this setting, it automatically defaults your charge limit to 80%. You can still charge to 100% (or whatever you choose) by setting the charge limit manually, but after that charge it will default back to an 80% limit. The idea is to stop you "accidentally" charging to 100% all the time. HV battery damage can occur if you leave the car at a high state of charge for an extended period. I'll be honest, I've no idea how long the 'extended period' is before damage can occur but I time my rare 100% charges to finish within 30 minutes of leaving to avoid this scenario.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 RWD 2022, ID4 Pure 52
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have that on the Born, not sure what its for just not got round to trying to search, the app for the Born says it's about using the HV battery to ensure all of the remote features continue to work rather than the car disabling them if the 12v is low (I assume).
Thanks your screenshot had more explanation text than mine. I've turned it on and will see if it affects range when the car in standby. It didn't overnight though.

·
Registered
Cupra Born
825 Posts
I've seen that battery saving option, and turned it on, but it's different to this I believe.
Correct that's a different function to preserve battery health.

I turned on the HV usage, battery was still at 80% this morning so nothing was used. Maybe its been put in now for future enhancements to the car and app like Tesla has. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 8 of 8 Posts