Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
2,357 Posts
New ORA CAT (Bad Cat) video from TESLA BJORN - Motor over heats going up hill - That said it did get there in the end!

Ora Good Cat 400 Pro driving up Doi Ang Khang

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,400 Posts
And at £25k after tax incentives? I say it's a big risk, particularly for early adopters. :devilish:
FWIW MG (SAIC) had been developing a dealer network in the UK for 8 years before they launched the ZS EV. The best hope for GWM is the abandoned Mitsubishi network who at least have plenty of EV experience.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I suppose it really depends what PCP deals there are.

The Leaf was never worth £32k but Nissan heavily discounted it with 0% finance and big "deposit contributions".

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
2,357 Posts
Testing the longer range version - on the face of it, seem generally okay - watch right to the end to see the screen of death come up "Motor Failure" (probably needs to disconnect the 12v battery for 20 seconds :))

Ora Good Cat 500 Ultra Bangkok challenge part 1

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,604 Posts
Testing the longer range version - on the face of it, seem generally okay - watch right to the end to see the screen of death come up "Motor Failure" (probably need to disconnect the 12v batter for 20 seconds :))

Ora Good Cat 500 Ultra Bangkok challenge part 1
That's a good advert for NOT being an early adopter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am definitely interested in one of these, but until they clear up the question of the dealer network and parts support it will be a difficult sell - a used ID3 may be more money, but at least I know it can be looked after down the road and parts are available as needed. If they want to be distributing these by the end of Q1 surely they will have to be piggy backing on another brands dealer network, right?

·
Premium Member
11,923 Posts
For service and repair they could work with HEVRA and their members. Sales could be online with perhaps test drives days at various hotels - like what Tesla did in early days. I don't think new entrants need to copy the model used by legacy manufacturers. I definitely don't need a showroom with smarmy sales staff who ignore customers when you visit 🙄

I agree that having good UK stock of parts is important as waiting for something from China (or even EU) could take a while.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,604 Posts
For service and repair they could work with HEVRA and their members. Sales could be online with perhaps test drives days at various hotels - like what Tesla did in early days. I don't think new entrants need to copy the model used by legacy manufacturers. I definitely don't need a showroom with smarmy sales staff who ignore customers when you visit 🙄

I agree that having good UK stock of parts is important as waiting for something from China (or even EU) could take a while.
You'll be seeing them in an Asda or Tesco soon. I wonder how many clubcard points you'd get.
Or maybe a Lidl - ' buy an Ora Cat - it goes a Lidl bit farther.'

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am definitely interested in one of these, but until they clear up the question of the dealer network and parts support it will be a difficult sell - a used ID3 may be more money, but at least I know it can be looked after down the road and parts are available as needed. If they want to be distributing these by the end of Q1 surely they will have to be piggy backing on another brands dealer network, right?
I doubt that will be a big concern for most buying new or on lease.

I've been to the dealer once with my Ioniq in the last 2 years. It cost £60 and basically consisted of a stern looking over and a software update.

If they cover the warranty, then fine.

·
Premium Member
11,923 Posts
I doubt that will be a big concern for most buying new or on lease.

I've been to the dealer once with my Ioniq in the last 2 years. It cost £60 and basically consisted of a stern looking over and a software update.

If they cover the warranty, then fine.
I think you are trivialising the issue and how many prospective buyers will feel.

It is likely quite a few buyers will need repairs under warranty. Where will they take it for a minor issue, such as a rattle, fault with radio, etc? If car actually breaks down, then presumably CAT will arrange for it to be transported to a repair centre and provide a courtesy ICE from Enterprise or similar, but how long will a repair take?

Reactions: dk6780

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
Not even launched yet , but the “problems” are surfacing in many minds

This is not a Tesla-beating or even a Zoe- beating car

It just maybe a way into a BEV for a real £249 a month…..if they get the pricing right

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,400 Posts
It is likely quite a few buyers will need repairs under warranty
Amen. Whilst we are a self-selecting community on here a significant proportion have needed some dealer support in the first year. And to judge by the experience of Bjorn that will be no different with this model.
Tesla is a premium product and they can afford a premium service model (hire cars, Rangers, etc.). Will GWM choose that or the VW model of forcing dealers to accept very low hourly rates for warranty work? Only the latter is sustainable if the vehicle is to be as competitively priced which it needs to be.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Bjorn's latest video shows the new software that has fixed some things like it not using regen with cruise control.

Range seems quite good especially for the money.

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
Yes the latest video showing 250+ mile real range should keep legacy manufacturers on their toes
Again, pricing will be crucial

41 - 60 of 63 Posts