Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only just spotted an ~Orange light on the front, in the emblem, late last night
I haven't had chance to "RTFM" (& won't until at least this evening), but am curious what this is/why it came on,
Does anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Page H17 in the manual, you haven't been doing your bedtime reading! This is well documented on here, its a daily charge where the HV battery charges the 12v battery. That is supposed to keep the 12v battery in a healthy state of charge.
However I still ended up with a new 12v battery under warranty at 15month ( 20,000 miles). So this feature does not seem to be perfect. Having said that, I am one of the few unlucky Kona owners to suffer this fate but be aware.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Page H17 in the manual, you haven't been doing your bedtime reading! This is well documented on here, its a daily charge where the HV battery charges the 12v battery. That is supposed to keep the 12v battery in a healthy state of charge.
However I still ended up with a new 12v battery under warranty at 15month ( 20,000 miles). So this feature does not seem to be perfect. Having said that, I am one of the few unlucky Kona owners to suffer this fate but be aware.
Thanks Electra Glide in Blue ?
I was just surprised, as I've not seen it before; it was cold outside & i wondered if it was some warning... :eek:
(I think i may have heard it discussed before, now you mentioned it, but it was a while back & I'm not sure what i should've searched for :oops: )
Interesting as we're ~15months in (though just over 7k miles)
I shall keep an eye on it, thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Over here in Germany we had cases where people reported that the 12V batt. went flat, no power. So many bought a small power pack which you can store in the car. just in case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts