Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,860 Posts
What is the position on price? Is the current price fixed or is it subject to adjustment if the pound suddenly plummets shortly before delivery?
I expect it to be fixed. The Kona is and so was our e-Golf.
If they don't buy the currency at the right time that's their problem. I would have bought forward when the cars were ordered, or at least have a team who are responsible for buying currency at the right time.
I'm thinking about what I should be doing for holiday money this year. I normal just use a card but would it be better to use cash and buy it now? Who knows, but I better not say any more, don't want to cause problems.

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
The danger is that they try to make up for a weak Pound with really poor PCP deals and low GFV. I told my dealer that if the PCP offer is no good I'd have to cancel and get a refund on the deposit.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The danger is that they try to make up for a weak Pound with really poor PCP deals and low GFV. I told my dealer that if the PCP offer is no good I'd have to cancel and get a refund on the deposit.
I think a lot of people are in your position. If it comes out as £600 including the deposit factored into the monthly payments then there will be a few who just walk away and cancel their order. I do find it strange that Kia have not announced the PCP finance details yet, it could change their order book and therefor colours to build significantly.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,860 Posts
If you can borrow the amount needed over 4 years it will probably work out cheaper. That's the only way I can be sure I can buy the car. If Kia have a finance deal that works great, but if it's too expensive I don't want to be walking away so I'm making other arrangements as well.

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
For under £600/month you can get a Mercedes E Class or BMW 7 series. How about a Jaguar XF? Volvo XC90?

A Porsche 718 Cayman 2.0 is around £520/month. Lexus RC Coupe is a few dollars more.

It's a great car and everything, but yeah, £500-600 is too much. The GFV is ridiculous, especially considering that at the end of 3 years it will still have 4 years on the main warranty and 5 on the battery.

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
If you can borrow the amount needed over 4 years it will probably work out cheaper. That's the only way I can be sure I can buy the car. If Kia have a finance deal that works great, but if it's too expensive I don't want to be walking away so I'm making other arrangements as well.
Quick look you could get £30k over 7 years for around £400/month. Conveniently matches the warranty period. 2.9% APR. The quick check thing on Money Saving Expert won't go over 30k.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd be trying to contact them still, I'd be concerned that they haven't even ordered a car if I didn't have an order form.
I had to sign an order form and I know dougconran did as well. They also needed my date of birth to be able to place the order.
So all sorted..
Just spoke to Donald’s and the chap I originally spoke to has left the company, apparently my details got caught up in that event.

I have now been assured my order has been placed and theirs a top man on the case to look out for me.
I have received my vehicle order form.

Thank you to Donalds of BSE

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,860 Posts
Still on the list but I'm #1 in another dealer. I told BSE but they didn't seem bothered.
They will be very happy to have a car to sell, if it comes to that. I would expect Kia to be sifting through orders looking for duplicates and dealers trying to order for stock if they are struggling to keep up with demand.
If Donald's manage to get one coming in without a customer to buy it they will be able to sell it very easily if the waiting list is 9+ months like the Kona.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Still on the list but I'm #1 in another dealer. I told BSE but they didn't seem bothered.
I think you need to be very careful here. I am told that, firstly, for all orders other than #1 at a dealer (which I appreciate you are at the second dealer), the position in the order queue is based on when the order was placed so switching to #2 or later at another dealer will move you further back in the queue. Secondly the order processing staff are going through the orders looking for duplicates and potentially deleting BOTH orders on the assumption that they may have been placed by a broker trying to sell on. In my opinion, if you are #1 elsewhere, you would be well advised to cancel your Donald's order now.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think you need to be very careful here. I am told that, firstly, for all orders other than #1 at a dealer (which I appreciate you are at the second dealer), the position in the order queue is based on when the order was placed so switching to #2 or later at another dealer will move you further back in the queue. Secondly the order processing staff are going through the orders looking for duplicates and potentially deleting BOTH orders on the assumption that they may have been placed by a broker trying to sell on. In my opinion, if you are #1 elsewhere, you would be well advised to cancel your Donald's order now.
Hmm, so you reckon I should phone Donald's and cancel? I tried to before and they just seemed to sidestep my request. I'm not incredibly pushy on these things, haven't got the energy for it. I got onto Kia after people on here, Facebook and BSE suggested that my being first on the list at a dealer AFTER my BSE order would not work. Here is their reply to that point.

"Being the first dealer order, you will certainly be in the first allocation - all first orders have equal priority. You have a high chance of receiving the car in early April although we can't unfortunately make any promises for the usual supply chain reasons."

so I really don't want to jeopardize this position. Jeez none of this is straightforward eh?

·
Registered
776 Posts
@David M the problem is not with being #1 at another dealer but with having two confirmed orders for the car. If that is picked up (and it is something they are looking for) then you are in danger of having both orders cancelled. Kia have always said that they are prioritising private purchases and will weed out those they think are suspect.

Knowing that, if it were me I would cancel my Donald's order as soon as possible.

PS - I should add that I have no axe to grind in this, I am #2 in the list, ahead of you either way.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts