Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just back from a second test drive and I’ve ordered a Premium in Cyber Grey with V2L as the only option, apart from the paint.

It is one from a batch already at the docks in the UK and the dealer reckons it will be here in about 10 days. They all had the V2L option fitted. I wouldn’t have specified this usually but it’s only £385 so not worth waiting for a factory order without it. I was very tempted to go for an Ultimate for the extra toys, but I didn’t want the 20” wheels and the firmer ride they bring. Tempted also by the look of the matt paint but I know it would end up being a nightmare for me.

Full list price of course but got a really good offer on my ID.3, just £1000 less than I paid for it 5 months ago.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats mate. I loved the sharp u turn from not being too impressed to going and buying one! I'm sure you'll love it. Looking forward to my ultimate coming in december!
The main reason for the second drive was to give it another chance. I was a bit too harsh on it the first time I think. I took longer getting setup today and took it a bit further. I was much happier this time.

It returned 3.8 miles per kwh over about 15 miles of mixed roads in a combination of sport and normal mode at 15° outside. My ID.3 was reporting similar on the way home.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Life Pro Performance
175 Posts
I’m just back from a second test drive and I’ve ordered a Premium in Cyber Grey with V2L as the only option, apart from the paint.

It is one from a batch already at the docks in the UK and the dealer reckons it will be here in about 10 days. They all had the V2L option fitted. I wouldn’t have specified this usually but it’s only £385 so not worth waiting for a factory order without it. I was very tempted to go for an Ultimate for the extra toys, but I didn’t want the 20” wheels and the firmer ride they bring. Tempted also by the look of the matt paint but I know it would end up being a nightmare for me.

Full list price of course but got a really good offer on my ID.3, just £1000 less than I paid for it 5 months ago.
Hi there,be interested to see why the move from the ID3? Good that it’s not lost much value, I’ve checked motorway for mine and after 1200 miles in 3 months it’s worth £500 more than I paid for it! Do like the looks of the Ionia but swaying towards a MachE!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there,be interested to see why the move from the ID3? Good that it’s not lost much value, I’ve checked motorway for mine and after 1200 miles in 3 months it’s worth £500 more than I paid for it! Do like the looks of the Ionia but swaying towards a MachE!
My car is paid for by my company and to take advantage of the government’s very generous incentives to get more EVs on the road, I had to buy one before the company’s financial year end, which is 31 March. At that time the ID.3 was the best option as neither the Skoda Enyaq or the Ionic 5 were available to buy and take delivery of.

As my first electric car the ID.3 has been great and I don’t think I’d ever want to go back to ICE. But as a car I’ve not been very impressed with it, particularly the low rent interior, the wretched infotainment system and the capacitive controls for virtually every function. Apart from the economy I expect the Ioniq 5 to be better in every respect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is that the estimated price from motorway or did you go through with the whole process? I got a really high estimate (2.5k more than Hyundai px!) but don't know how realistic it is, and didn't go through because they only process it if you're actually ready to sell.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Life Pro Performance
175 Posts
Is that the estimated price from motorway or did you go through with the whole process? I got a really high estimate (2.5k more than Hyundai px!) but don't know how realistic it is, and didn't go through because they only process it if you're actually ready to sell.
The estimated price is the minimum you will get, it’s a very slick operation. I sold my tesla model 3 back in may via Motorway and the actual price I got was a few hundred more than the original price, just be honest about the condition of your car and yes you need to be able to sell roughly within a week. 👍 good luck if you do, I’d certainly recommend them. 💯

·
Registered
Ioniq Project 45, e-Niro4+
2,788 Posts
We have sold 2 cars through Motorway. The first went fine, the second was a nightmare and the guy who came to collect was in the garden haggling with me and on the phone to the bidder (allegedly) for an hour. They quoted a price and the car was as described, however they base their offer on bids from the trade (allegedly) so have, in effect, sold it before they buy it. However on this occasion they tried to drop the price and haggle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sold a previous car, Passat GTE, through Motorway and everything went really well. I picked the dealer's driver up from railway station and money transferred while drinking coffee. Plan to use them again when time to sell current car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts