Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been given an 8 digit numeric order code e.g. 12345678 by the dealer.

1) Is this the right format, and
2) where do i plug is into on the vw website, My Volkswagen | Volkswagen UK want a VIN number so I assume the order code needs to go somewhere else.

Thanks

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
187 Posts
Yes it’s the right format (8 digit number) but it Sounds like you are on the vw global site
if you google for my Volkswagen Uk there is a separate login page that lets you add the order tracking number

i have tried it but it can’t find my order though
i have raised a ticket with vwcs

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it’s the right format (8 digit number) but it Sounds like you are on the vw global site
if you google for my Volkswagen Uk there is a separate login page that lets you add the order tracking number

i have tried it but it can’t find my order though
i have raised a ticket with vwcs
Order number doesn't work, VW have said it can take 2 weeks for it to become active !

Took me ages to get to the place on the website where I could enter the order number, the website kept on asking me to register (despite having registered) + "server errors". Not impressed.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
187 Posts
My order number is not working and it has now been over a month.
case raised with v but no time limit given to resolve. I still don’t know if it just my problem or system wide. The web chat service are good at giving updates though

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,689 Posts
Those of us that were waiting for an e-Golf a few years ago had the same problem. Doing an occasional web chat with customer services is probably best.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
187 Posts
Those of us that were waiting for an e-Golf a few years ago had the same problem. Doing an occasional web chat with customer services is probably best.
yes I was one of those soldiers - remember it well but at least the system found my order back then.
today it has not even finding the order number

I did enjoy the fun of tracking progress from build to delivery as it all happened very quickly

vw say they are going to fix the issue but will car will probably be built by then (build week 51)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, my order number still doesn't work so i contacted VW on the web chat. I have now been told that the order tracking doesnt work an "IT" are looking to remove or fix the website.

On top of that the web login hasnt been working for most of today "bad gateway". I contacted them via twitter, they asked me to contact another department to report the issues.

Very unimpressed so far. Hopefully the car will make up for it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I take it that no-one has got order tracking working yet?

I've used the order tracking on 3 previous VWs, but it seems to be goosed for my ID3 order. I've registered on My VW, added in my VIN, a white ID3 with East Derry wheels (matches my order), and then there's nothing. No order status, just a prompt to set up "My ID", which I assume is an EV specific version of "My Volkswagen", except you can't do that until your car is registered.

Is the only way to check your order status now to harass VWUK or your salesperson?

On 29 March, when my order was confirmed for an already built ID3, I was given a status summary from the dealership's system that confirms it was built in BW6, and was in status 36, built, at port and not released, as it had no designated customer order assigned to it. Now it has an order against it, it should get prioritised for shipping (in theory).

Anyone got any other links to vehicle order status that do work? If not, I'll have to harass VWUK tomorrow for a status update.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
It's completely broken - mine went from stage 2 to stage 5, yet by talking to dealer etc I got far more information in between that. Online chat sometimes help, and sometimes say they can't help.

·
Registered
607 Posts
It's completely broken - mine went from stage 2 to stage 5, yet by talking to dealer etc I got far more information in between that. Online chat sometimes help, and sometimes say they can't help.
Yep, had that before when they say they can't help, and they're right, they can't directly help, they just need to pass you to another department that can. Just got to insist tgat they do. Guess I'll be phoning them tomorrow to see if it's moved at Emden or is scheduled to get on a ship anytime soon.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
1,657 Posts
Some have said if you delete/remove your car from the system and re-enter the details that gets the tracking working.

I have had my car for over a week, tracking is still showing my order @ 2 at the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We didn't get the order tracking to work properly. However I found a thread on a German EV forum that describes how VW put the data on the order webpage as a .json file but don't render it. You can access the .json file through the web console in most browsers. This showed us the expected delivery date (which turned out to be accurate within a day or two).

Link below, worked in the German VW site, would guess it would work on the UK one.
[VW Lounge] Anleitung: Delivery Date & Order Status auslesen - e-up!, Citigoe iV, Mii electric - Allgemeine Themen • VW e-up!, Skoda Citigoe iV, Seat Mii electric - Elektroauto Forum

Important note: it only works on a webpage ending "myvolkswagen.html"

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
That's a good tip, similarly if you look for /cars?configuredCarDetails=true JSON file on MY VW NGP you get a response too. But, because my VIN is not registered, you don't see much more than the page tells you.

I think that tip for the other forum requires you to have your VIN registered on myvolkswagen, and I don't have a VIN yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts