Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've ordered the Citroen e-C4. Had Ev's for along time, Zoe, Hyundai, Kia etc. The Hyundai is at the end of the lease and the Citroen E-C4 has just been released. Range is ideal and what comes with the car idea.
Anyone have one or ordered? what time have they given on delivery?

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
179 Posts
I ordered one yesterday.
The car hasn't been launched yet, I believe the only ones in the UK so far have been the pre-production left-hand drive cars for journalists to test.

I started my EV journey with an Outlander PHEV, went from that to an Ioniq BEV, then when that lease ended I wanted to go to a Kona, but that at the time was only available via click-to-buy (not business lease) and ridiculous lead times. So I ended up back in another Outlander, which comes to the end of it's lease in April.

The e-C4 came to my attention as my initial intention was to go for the Vauxhall Mokka-e, but delivery schedules could not be guaranteed, and I read that in Germany the Opel version had already (pre-launch) sold out until September. This led me to investigate all variants on the same PSA platform i.e. the e-C4, DS3 e-tense, Peugeot e208 and e2008 etc.

The e-C4 ticked all the boxes for me. I have been given delivery schedule of late March, but I guess that might run into April.

Which spec did you order?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shine plus, with the panoramic sun roof and park assist. In the caramel brown! Told 14th Match. But may slip because of Brexit and Covid. Excited though. There’s also the e/tense DS from psa but I tried that. Less spec, more money and didn’t keep range/faulty!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Shine plus, with the panoramic sun roof and park assist. In the caramel brown! Told 14th Match. But may slip because of Brexit and Covid. Excited though. There’s also the e/tense DS from psa but I tried that. Less spec, more money and didn’t keep range/faulty!
the e-C4 is the car that really excites me. Hits all the sweet points for me. Not to big, comfortable, decent technology, not too much touchscreen interface, reasonable range , very sharp looks . Top of my list with the Hyundai Kona 2nd . Also Considered ID3 but in reviews looks like a rushed launch and out of by lack of buttons. The e-Niro is just not for me as I don’t need that much room, though a better centre console than the kona. Just need Bjorn to review the e-c4 now :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Snap! Well, all except the glass roof.
I got the Park Assist primarily for the 360° cameras. Caramel too!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Things must be looking up at the Citroen factory.

Last week, the online configurator for the e-C4 was stating 'available for delivery in 13 weeks'.
Today it is saying 8 weeks.

Ordered mine via a dealer, but I guess their late March estimate is now looking more achievable, if not sooner!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer was calling back this week with an update as they wanted a deposit for the extras (last week)

·
Registered
179 Posts
My dealer was calling back this week with an update as they wanted a deposit for the extras (last week)
Did you opt for any of the 'Sales Pitch' extras such as paint protection, alloys insurance etc etc? (I didn't!).

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,558 Posts
Could you provide more info @Problemchild on what you mean
I assume @Problemchild means price/cost. If he doesn’t, I do ;)

He and I both have e-208s. So it’ll be interesting to see what Citroen achieve with the same platform and drivetrain in comparison to Peugeot. One issue many of us are finding (although I anticipate that @Problemchild will disagree) is that the range isn’t as good as expected (Got mine in September so can’t vouch for summer range yet). The e-Pug is quite thirsty! Hope this won’t cause you any issues if it’s also the case with the e-C4.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Could you provide more info @Problemchild on what you mean
yeah - monthly costs or best price you found?

range in the summer is good
Range in the winter is as expected

having had a ZoeZE40 for 2 years and being able to get that into double figures in the winter I know what @E7EV means

JJ

·
Registered
179 Posts
@jbsco Have you had any updates from your dealer recently?

I’ve been trying to reach my dealer since Tuesday, and for the moment he seems to be cocking a deaf’un!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was advised two weeks ago that mine has a build date of 19th March.

Given that it will arrive in the UK by boat from Madrid, I expect it will be with the dealer early April.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
The leases seem oddly expensive at the moment compared to 2008 and DS3 (presumably identical underneath the body). DS3 in particular is a major bargain at the moment.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts