Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
179 Posts
The leases seem oddly expensive at the moment compared to 2008 and DS3 (presumably identical underneath the body). DS3 in particular is a major bargain at the moment.
The DS is one of those love-it or hate-it affairs and I guess there are more haters than lovers.

Speaking from a UK perspective, it has been on sale for a while now and is available 'immediately'. Good lease deals suggest that there are lots of stock vehicles lying around unsold.

The e-C4 however is a new model and cheaper to buy than the DS or 2008 equivalent, and offers the all important air cushion suspension that gave Citroens of old their class leading ride quality. It follows then (IMO), that Citroen expects to sell enough of them initially to negate the need to offer significant discounts.

In addition to having said that, I have noticed that if acquiring direct from Citroen UK's online sales channel, the OTR price of the e-C4 has increased from what it was a week or two ago. Citroen appear to have removed discounts that were offered previously.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That’s interesting. I had a ds3 for a week it is like marmite. It went back. So many issues

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks like demand is on the up.
Found a news article from last month;

PledgeTimes.com said:
To meet the growth in demand for the new Citroën C4, the Stellantis center in Madrid, where it is produced exclusively for everyone, has opened a second work shift, whose operators have exceeded 38,000 hours of training.

This car is produced on the CMP multi-energy platform, which makes it possible to assemble its gasoline, diesel and 100% electric versions on the same assembly line. In fact, the Citroën ë-C4, the ‘zero emissions’ version of the new C4, is also manufactured at the facilities of the Madrid plant, where it already represents 16% of total production.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
That’s interesting. I had a ds3 for a week it is like marmite. It went back. So many issues
I’d be interested to know more if there’s a thread somewhere :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had a call from the dealer yesterday saying they were expecting the vehicle week commencing 5th of April. Online sales were quoting three weeks delivery.

Today online sales have gone back up to 5 weeks delivery, so I guess Citroen have sold a few more!

·
Registered
179 Posts
So... now it appears that the Shine Plus trim no longer qualifies for the Plug-in car grant, effective immediately.

How this affects existing orders remains uncertain, but I have read that if a vehicle’s VIN had not been registered on the government PICG portal by midnight last night (17th March), then the new rules apply.

My build date is tomorrow (19th March), which is the day it rolls off the production line, so would my dealer have had notice of the VIN prior to this and registered it accordingly? If not, there will be no grant.

In short, the car I have ordered may now cost £3000 more, which will call into question whether or not I proceed with the purchase.

Most likely I will cancel rather than fork out a further £3k

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my EC4 Shine (in Germany) at the end of January. We were told expected lead time is 12 to 16 weeks, but we want it for a 1 June mortgage renewal.

We haven't seen or test driven one, but it ticks the boxes - mainly size wise, as well as range. Can't wait till we get it (though I will miss our current cabrio, if not its diesel engine).

Question: Anyone know the spec of the T2 cable it comes with? The brochure say 1.8KW, but Type 2 supports 3 phase. Is it a 1.8KW cable for sticking into a normal plug? We've just had a 11KW 3-phase charge installed, without cable. Do I need to go and buy a 16 Amp, 3 Phase, Type 2 cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So... now it appears that the Shine Plus trim no longer qualifies for the Plug-in car grant, effective immediately.

How this affects existing orders remains uncertain, but I have read that if a vehicle’s VIN had not been registered on the government PICG portal by midnight last night (17th March), then the new rules apply.

My build date is tomorrow (19th March), which is the day it rolls off the production line, so would my dealer have had notice of the VIN prior to this and registered it accordingly? If not, there will be no grant.

In short, the car I have ordered may now cost £3000 more, which will call into question whether or not I proceed with the purchase.

Most likely I will cancel rather than fork out a further £3k
I saw that in the news and think it's ridiculously harsh to change the rules just when orders are in mid-process.

Luckily we still qualify for a €6000 grant, though have to pay full price and then claim it, unlike in the Uk where the dealer can take care of it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Question: Anyone know the spec of the T2 cable it comes with? The brochure say 1.8KW, but Type 2 supports 3 phase. Is it a 1.8KW cable for sticking into a normal plug? We've just had a 11KW 3-phase charge installed, without cable. Do I need to go and buy a 16 Amp, 3 Phase, Type 2 cable?
I would speculate that if the car is specced with the 3-phase charger option, it will be supplied with a 3-phase cable.

The 1.8kW you mentioned will no doubt refer to the ‘granny’ charger that will plug into your domestic supply.

I saw that in the news and think it's ridiculously harsh to change the rules just when orders are in mid-process.
In my case the dealer has confirmed that my order will not be affected by the withdrawal of the grant.

This effectively makes my car worth £3000 more, compared to buying the Shine Plus today

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,424 Posts
I saw earlier on Twitter that Citroen have reduced the price to sneak in under the new £35k limit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I saw earlier on Twitter that Citroen have reduced the price to sneak in under the new £35k limit.
Have you got a link to that? Thanks.
Nothing showing on Citroen U.K.’s Twitter feed for me.

Running through Citroen’s online configurator still comes up with the ‘grant removed’ price of £36,440 for my spec.

Even if Citroen have reduced the MSRP, it still needs to be added to the government’s list of qualifying vehicles before any grant can be claimed. And who knows how long that might take!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,424 Posts
Have you got a link to that? Thanks.
Nothing showing on Citroen U.K.’s Twitter feed for me.

Running through Citroen’s online configurator still comes up with the ‘grant removed’ price of £36,440 for my spec.

Even if Citroen have reduced the MSRP, it still needs to be added to the government’s list of qualifying vehicles before any grant can be claimed. And who knows how long that might take!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks @WonkoTheSaneUK , I guess there'll be a few manufacturers tweaking their prices now.
It remains to be seen however, how long it takes for OZEV's list to be updated to take account of any reductions.

Citroen's own online configurator still doesn't know about the lower MSRP, even today!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I guess not many takers for the Citroen e-C4 then? I'm considering jumping ship from a broken ID.3 to one of them and thought I'd see what owners think. But looks like no sub-forum and not many threads, so I guess they haven't set the buying world alight yet! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess not many takers for the Citroen e-C4 then? I'm considering jumping ship from a broken ID.3 to one of them and thought I'd see what owners think. But looks like no sub-forum and not many threads, so I guess they haven't set the buying world alight yet! :ROFLMAO:
Yes there’s a bit of an echo in here!

The C4 is unique in its approach to put comfort ahead of most other attributes, and every review I have seen seems to praise Citroen’s achievements in this regard.

Range is likely to be mediocre for a 50kW battery (45kW useable), but it has been shown to be on course for 190 miles in eco mode at 5°C, compared to 140 miles in normal mode. I’ll post that video below.

My incoming e-C4 landed at Sheerness today and is therefore on point for the dealer’s projected delivery of next week.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yes there’s a bit of an echo in here!

The C4 is unique in its approach to put comfort ahead of most other attributes, and every review I have seen seems to praise Citroen’s achievements in this regard.

Range is likely to be mediocre for a 50kW battery (45kW useable), but it has been shown to be on course for 190 miles in eco mode at 5°C, compared to 140 miles in normal mode. I’ll post that video below.

My incoming e-C4 landed at Sheerness today and is therefore on point for the dealer’s projected delivery of next week.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that video and was impressed. I hadn’t done any long runs in my ID.3 before it died myself due to the lockdown, but based on what others are posting it isn’t getting much better than 190 miles in the cold even with the bigger battery, so that range test is extremely impressive! Do you know if the C4 has a standard fit heat pump?

I guess Citroen aren’t considered a ‘fashionable’ manufacturer, so get overlooked a lot. But I’ve always liked them as I prefer quirky cars. And these days, all the French car reliability rubbish is just a myth. I mean, look at all the issues that the ID.3s are having with their German reliability! 😬

I’m just waiting for my VW dealer to authorise my ID.3’s rejection and refund, then I think I’ll be speaking to some Citroen dealers! Maybe you and I will start a sub-forum and just talk to each other about our feelings regarding built-in iPad holders all day :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the e-C4 is a lovely car - but I think it suffers the same efficiency issues the e-Corsa, DS and 208 / 2008.

It will do well to get 190 out of a 45KWh useable battery - that's 4.2m/KWh which would be very acceptable.

However it is supposed to be a very good car in other ways - and if they are doing a 100KWh battery version for £35k that's a total bargain.

The situation with the grant was that if the VIN was registered you get it and if not, you have to re-apply for the new one - it sounds like you were ok with your order :)

Enjoy - 100KWh should easily give 300 - 350 mile range even with the slightly less efficient drivetrain so that would work for almost anyone I'd think!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just realised its not a 100KWh battery - its a 100kw motor - they don't give the battery size on the website I can see - but claim 216m range...

Odd the Shine Plus doesn't seem to have heated seats (or they aren't mentioned) but does have heated steering wheel....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just realised its not a 100KWh battery - its a 100kw motor - they don't give the battery size on the website I can see - but claim 216m range...

Odd the Shine Plus doesn't seem to have heated seats (or they aren't mentioned) but does have heated steering wheel....
I thought I saw somewhere that the Shine Plus has heated seats, but I could have dreamed it... info on a lot of the e-C4 stuff seems quite sparse!

The Shine Plus is the trim I’d get so that may delay me. Reason being it was priced slightly too highly to get the government grant. They’ve just re-priced it to get it under the amount, but I’m not sure how long it will take the government to update their list of eligible cars to reflect that. Would want to wait until they do to get some extra money off!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts