Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve placed an order for an EO Mini today, or I should say I think I have.

In following the process online I was diverted to a handyman? site Bizzby where a slot was booked, but I seemingly wasn’t offered a choice of colour of unit and have had nothing other than the confirmation of the slot through to confirm the order.

Is this the correct order process? Can I presume someone will be in touch?

I went with the EO unit as it is neat and unobtrusive vs other needlessly bulky units on the market. One question I do have however is how well weather proofed are the units? The front of our house takes a battering from wind and rain, so I want to he sure I won’t face issues down the line with ingress.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Hi Dom,

Thanks for getting in touch and great to hear that you've decided to go for the EO Mini!

Bizzby is the platform we use to connect you with one of our installers - I've just checked the system and your booking has been received and we're currently working to connect you with an installer. I've requested that a member of our customer services team get's in touch to confirm this for you.

The EO Mini is fully weather proof and has been installed around the world to handle all climates - including the freezing cold winters of Norway! Can I recommend that you discuss the charger location with your installer when on site? The last thing we want is any water ingress!

If there's anything further we can support with then feel free to contact us here on Speak EV or you can access all of our contact details on the following link > Contact Us | EO Charging | Smart electric vehicle charging

Many thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installer has been in touch. They wanted some of the info/pics I had already provided as they say they didn’t come through. No biggy but thought it worth mentioning.

They will now prepare me a quote.

Will let you know how it goes from here.

·
Founder of EO Charging
47 Posts
Hi Dom,
Great to hear your quote is on the way

Thanks for your very useful feedback, I'll inform our customers team - apologies that you had to send your photos twice.

If there is any other way we can support, let me now.

Best,
Charlotte

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EO Mini install went ahead today. I’m delighted to report that the installer ‘EV Charging Points’ aka LKT Electrical Services, did a fantastic job. Cables all neatly routed and only the EO unit itself on display at the front of the house. Very pleased.

The unit is very simple and exactly what I was after.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Also, did the installer provide a dedicated Type A. RCD for this charger. Is the RCD in series with any other RCD in the home installation. Did they leave a copy of paperwork describing the circuit and the earthing arrangements ( the same paperwork that the DNO gets).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep all properly fitted in accordance with the regs inc an earth rod.

Just the external appearance of the unit on the house very discreet and I’m extremely pleased with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Dommorton,
Ordered this too, and with very new "smart" indoors clever stuff that will maximise use of my solar panels' output.
Several weeks wait, granny lead until then!
Collect used Leaf tomorrow evening.......!
Using OLEV-approved local installer.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Dommorton,
Ordered this too, and with very new "smart" indoors clever stuff that will maximise use of my solar panels' output.
Several weeks wait, granny lead until then!
Collect used Leaf tomorrow evening.......!
Using OLEV-approved local installer.
Ooh, will be interested to hear how that goes. Being a Zappi user with solar panels and living just round the corner from EO's offices I'd like to know how well they work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi. No app here as I went for the dumb mini purposefully just before they stopped support for it via the grant. It’s been great. Being basic it’s just like any power outlet and doesn’t require any thought to use.

Ref the install, I actually had to have them back to move the RCB out of the meter cupboard and in to the garage. Reason being that the smart meter installation co refused to fit me one with the RCB in that location. Pretty frustrating as I’m now back in the queue for a smart meter and cannot access the Octopus Go tariff as I had intended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. No app here as I went for the dumb mini purposefully just before they stopped support for it via the grant. It’s been great. Being basic it’s just like any power outlet and doesn’t require any thought to use.

Ref the install, I actually had to have them back to move the RCB out of the meter cupboard and in to the garage. Reason being that the smart meter installation co refused to fit me one with the RCB in that location. Pretty frustrating as I’m now back in the queue for a smart meter and cannot access the Octopus Go tariff as I had intended.
Ah that is annoying. I have just had the smart meter installed with no hiccups as far as I know. EO mini next. Any tips for my installation? Also, which installer did you use? I have also just signed up for Octopus Go (and used your link).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For the neatest install I suggest having the cable inserted through the wall and in to the back of the unit.

I used LKT Electrical of Bicester. They also trade as ‘EV Charging Points’ and are an EO approved installer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think my installation is being done from the outside. Cable from mains straight out my wall then trailed externally along to the driveway. As much as I'd like it internally I think that would mean a significant interruption to a downstairs bathroom!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts