Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist.

A brand new 4H is coming my way within a couple of weeks. Very exciting!

Taken out a lease for three years. My view is that in three years time there will be several long range EVs at more reasonable prices than Teslas by then and that's my end goal.

So, it's a halfway house. A car to join the leaf and replace my 11 year old Ford Ranger pickup. A trusty car that I'll definitely miss. Though I'll not miss £230 tax and £70 diesel every 350 miles.

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
131 Posts
My view is that in three years time there will be several long range EVs
Yep, the PHEV is a compromise between price and EV range that makes sense right now. While I don't think there will be demand for new PHEV's in 5 years, 2nd hand I think they will still be sought after because they fit the driving pattern of a large group of people.

·
Registered
960 Posts
if your anything like me you will instantly drive a hell of a lot better due to the PHEV!

Something about keeping it on electric that I love, as long as the roads are quiet my driving style has drastically changed.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good to hear - I'm probably going to buy a used one in the coming weeks, run it for 2 years then hand it over to my wife when her 17yr old almera gets too rusty. I'll then step into a PCP on whatever 250+ mile range BEVs are available then. She does 50 miles a week, tops, just pottering into town and stuff, the phev would be perfect for her as she wants a crossover anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Very exciting!

:D:D

Bought the "service pack" -first three services too. I checked the prices against my local, regular garage and mitsu came out substantially cheaper!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Could you let us know how much you are paying for the lease and who through? I am looking at an Outlander PHEV or Mini Countryman PHEV to replace our Outlander PHEV when the lease is up in December. Currently paying £250pm on a 3h, no deals around like that now but I'm looking for deals on a 4h or higher.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you let us know how much you are paying for the lease and who through? I am looking at an Outlander PHEV or Mini Countryman PHEV to replace our Outlander PHEV when the lease is up in December. Currently paying £250pm on a 3h, no deals around like that now but I'm looking for deals on a 4h or higher.

Lease is through Mitsubishi and it's £470 ish a month 12k miles three years, 4H with metallic paint.

I'll pick it up this afternoon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Collected my new PHEV yesterday, my first ever brand new car. Got sixty miles on the clock already!

Drove to work today, a 25 mile urban and dual carriageway route. Couldn't resist a bit of button pressing and I've got an average of about 80mpg so far.

The car is such a nice place to be. And it wafts up to seventy (maybe a little more, officer) without a sound.

Looking forward to a liner road trip this weekend

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts