Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I’ve settled on the e-Niro 4+, subject to a final test drive on Saturday. Grateful for any thoughts on what I should be focusing on when discussing an order with the dealership, what price I should be aiming for and anything else I should try and negotiate on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only choice you have to make (after selecting trim level, which you have), is which colour.
That's it. There are no discounts around at all. They can't make them fast enough.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi all

I’ve settled on the e-Niro 4+, subject to a final test drive on Saturday. Grateful for any thoughts on what I should be focusing on when discussing an order with the dealership, what price I should be aiming for and anything else I should try and negotiate on.
The most annoying thing is you won’t see on the test drive the car you are buying, I bet it’s a first edition.
I’ve ordered the 4+ as it has features I specified to the dealer when I ordered the 4, he was happy to change my order.
I don’t think there will be any movement on the price, these cars sell themselves at the moment, you may get mats and or a boot liner thrown in.
Enjoy the test drive (I hope it’s a 4)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, the only thing to consider is finance. Are you going to buy the car, or go for a lease option? There are a lot of leasing companies out there who might give you a better deal than kia directly. (or at least get some quotes and take them to the dealer to see if Kia finance can match them)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Absolutely no deal on price. You might be able to get as people say mats, some accessories or maybe paint protection but nothing else. I'd be careful about agreeing to the paint protection. Dealers are into business of selling cars not car detailing so ends up with some can't be arsed kid doing it as quick as possible. Then the poor preparation ends up being sealed in. Try and go for deal on home charger, first service or free updates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Will try and haggle on the extras. But good point about paint protection.

Luckily the dealership has received the 4+ demonstrator so will be test driving that. I’m pretty sold on it. I have a young family and it seems a very practical EV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
what dealer are you dealing with i did not they have started making the 4+ yet as they are not available untill november mick h

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't think that they have started building any "4+" models yet. My local dealer has only just replaced their original demonstrator with a "4". Easy to tell them apart. The "first edition" has the 8" sat nav screen with the air-vents either side of it. The "4" will have the 10.25" screen with the vents below it. And the 4+ has a sunroof. Let us know how you get on...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good prices for lease at Nationwidecontracts. Better than Kia offer via dealers (unfortunately)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I order now (for an outright purchase no finance) how much deposit is required?
What if I change my mind whilst waiting, would I automatically lose my entire deposit?

Thanks, Peter.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If I order now (for an outright purchase no finance) how much deposit is required?
What if I change my mind whilst waiting, would I automatically lose my entire deposit?

Thanks, Peter.
The amount of deposit is dependent on the dealer. I have not heard of any who would keep your deposit if you cancelled, although the order form might say different. It would be best to read it and cross out any clauses with which you don't agree, before signing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What sort of PCP prices have people been quoted? I was told by the dealer £500 pm with £2500 down. This was for a 4+.

Clearly a ridiculous price, but is this normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not looked at PCP much, but leasing comes in at a lot less than that.

This sort of thing is easy to find (this one is from Nationwide, but there's a lot of choice out there):

Kia e-Niro 4+
Lease Type: Personal Contract Hire
Initial Rental:£2,161.92 (incl. VAT)
Contract Length:48 Months
Annual Mileage:10,000
Monthly cost: £360 (incl. VAT)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
What sort of PCP prices have people been quoted? I was told by the dealer £500 pm with £2500 down. This was for a 4+.

Clearly a ridiculous price, but is this normal?
Kia tend to have quite low GFV's which leads to high monthlies.
Upside, you're more likely to have equity in the car.
Downside, they're so cautious you're probably better getting a loan and buying it outright.

Reactions: NorthernLeaf

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If you go down the PCP route, make sure you get 3 free services.
This is not as well advertised as it could be.
But don't let it bias your financial choice too much. A 3 service pack is about £250 (iirc).

Reactions: NorthernLeaf
1 - 20 of 36 Posts