Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Kona64
2,431 Posts
wow Brucie Bonus to get above 50 out of it !!
I must get over there when I'm sub 30 SOC

Is this one across the road from Lidl ? ( or M&S foodhall for those paid too much )

· Registered
Kona64
2,431 Posts
The Right Hand one has worked for me 3 times in the last 2 weeks (when it was on freebie like the left one)
Seems it might have been software changed to move to costs-money and something went wrong.

But in terms of giving the electrons once it decides to, yep that bit works.
Correction "worked" past tense, based on your experience !

· Registered
Kona64
2,431 Posts
The other E-Niro reached 100% and ten minutes later the owner appeared looking like he had just come from a gym session. So people don't seem very prompt in freeing up chargers as soon as they are done.
I noticed something in a thread along this line and there's a situation where you'll end up like the Gym person

you plug in, car starts charging --- you reckon it'll be x minutes to get to the level you want.
You then head off, coming back at that time.
Meanwhile something's caused your car to actually charge faster and it finishes therefore before you're expecting.
You then come back to a car that finished 15 mins ago vs 3-5mins

(This assumes you don't see an app message from your car saying it's finished, but you could be finishing that 10km rowing session and about to hit the shower )
Or, you're still in the supermarket having to unload the trolley and pay

Someone turns up 10mins before you come out, and they see a car not charging and no one around for at least 10mins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.