1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Osprey installs first Tritium RTM75 DC rapid chargers in Europe

Osprey installs first Tritium RTM75 DC rapid chargers in Europe - Zap-Map

These chargers are situated about 1 mile from where I live, so will probably never use then unless my home PodPoint fails and need an urgent charging option.

I was thinking about it and 75Kw’s charging speed is quite a good compromise for EV’s with 100Kw charging capability because in reality the charging curve is not going to hold over 75Kw’s for very long, to protect the battery.

Anybody wanting to check them out the post code is: PO13. 0ZX.

The Solent area seems to be blessed with Rapid Charger location which is a big change for even a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
£5 on whether the Shell at Titchfield re opens with something better than the 1x50 it had before demolished?

Reactions: GOSPORT DAVE

·
Registered
251 Posts
The RTM75 charger power can be increased from 25kW to 50kW and 75kW, providing
75Kw’s charging speed is quite a good compromise for EV’s with 100Kw charging capability
....assuming they have "increased" the power to 75kW, as their website states....
"The RTM75 charger power can be increased from 25kW to 50kW and 75kW, providing flexibility to easily upgrade the charger as the needs of the site change. This should enable the site to better serve the new wave of electric cars coming to the market with higher voltages."

A bizarre statement, why would they put in a charger capable of dispensing 75kW but set it to deliver 25kW 🤔

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
476 Posts
Mrs Malaprop would be proud of you! Boldly go, I say! :)
In my case it would be correct usage at a BP Pulse charger. 7 attempts and 7 fails. Some day I’ll get a surprise when one works... I was going to say shock, but as they don’t work it’s unlikely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Visited friend in Gosport today so stopped at these Osprey new Tritium chargers. They are contactless ready but both are on free vend at the moment.
Probably that's why despite warm battery and 40% SOC I was only getting 37kW from it.

Additionally there seem to be an error in press release as they are Tritium TRI153-RTM-01 chargers. Shame they are only 75kW max as I was thinking that 150kW seem to be standard for newly fitted ones. But at least they provide simultaneous charge for CCS and CHAdeMO and have 6m long tethered cables.

Reactions: GOSPORT DAVE

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
208 Posts
I wish I knew they were on free vend, I could have used them instead of the granny charger at home and tested my Octopus Juice card as well

·
Registered
128 Posts
No card required at all. They just plug and charge atm.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used them today, for the first time, wanted to check them out to see what they were like.

Lovely pumps, pleasure to use, especially as they are still free vend.

The maximum speed I achieved was 47Kws (123amps - LEAF didn't want to go any higher)

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Weird these Gosport/Rowner ones still are not showing on zap map , but they are on PlugShare

·
Registered
747 Posts
Weird these Gosport/Rowner ones still are not showing on zap map , but they are on PlugShare
Not really...both rely on users updating them.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Not really...both rely on users updating them.
Thanks - I tried to be helpful but couldn't work out on zapmap how to add as for some reason Osprey is not in the drop down listing. If anyone knows a zapmap adminuser on speak ev please can they tag them, ta.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used them today, for the first time, wanted to check them out to see what they were like.

Lovely pumps, pleasure to use, especially as they are still free vend.

The maximum speed I achieved was 47Kws (123amps - LEAF didn't want to go any higher)
I tried those on Saturday and also found max amps was 125 on my Leaf E+ so a little disappointed, but was still free. So simple though you use Just plug and go , didn't even need to select which plug i was using !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts