Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second Kempower location should be going live this month based on their Twitter.

I stopped earlier to check it out.

All the high metal guards have gone and now down to plastic orange ones. Progress 馃槄

Window Plant Building Wood Asphalt

Window Door Building Wood Brickwork

If you're finding it on Zap-map look for Banbury Tesla Supercharger.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

The retail park is a bit weak, but fine if you want a Costa / Pizza or KFC whilst waiting. ;)

Registered
NIce, Banbury, perhaps strangely, is becoming a real charging hub what with Instavolt expanding their 8 units to 16 this year.

Registered
Be aware that the retail park holding that Osprey install is nearly always an absolute pig to get into from a traffic perspective, particularly at peak times. It鈥檚 also a lot further from the motorway than the InstaVolt/Costa hub in Banbury.

Check traffic in Google Maps when trying to get in there is my advice!

Registered
NIce, Banbury, perhaps strangely, is becoming a real charging hub what with Instavolt expanding their 8 units to 16 this year.
Not sure what鈥檚 strange about it 馃榾 Banbury turning into a decent charging hub might force EH to actually up their game at both Cherwell and Warwick! 16 InstaVolt stalls literally just off the M40 puts actual motorway charging provision to shame in this neck of the woods.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
so could be 350kw?
Weirdly I think it's something like up to 175kW. But I might be wrong.

I think* it's 7 modules max with 25kW each. If you were the only car potentially it could give 400kW

Basically what should happen is if your car takes 125kW and you're on low SoC it'll assign you five blocks so you can hit the peaks.

As the SoC increases and the car is asking for less it'll drop that to four below 100 then three below 75 two at 50 and leaves one module assigned under 25

Registered
Great to see extra infrastructure but that car park can be a real pain, especially at weekends and I bet those spaces get ICEd.

There is at least something there which is more than can be said at some other sites.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Be aware that the retail park holding that Osprey install is nearly always an absolute pig to get into from a traffic perspective, particularly at peak times. It鈥檚 also a lot further from the motorway than the InstaVolt/Costa hub in Banbury.

Check traffic in Google Maps when trying to get in there is my advice!
It's such an old retail park that's a bit odd now, and mostly budget stores.

If you don't park in one of those charging bays then prepare to have your car door dinged kind of carpark with narrow spaces and awkward traffic flow.

I guess you can kinda walk over to the Tesco's (6am - midnight) too for some food/drink (there's no proper path)

Kinda fine if you're traveling via Banbury and later in the evening/night.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
400kW for 8 stalls. So 50kW per stall if all are occupied and pulling power. Seems a bit weedy.
I'm purely guessing but I'll try and email them for clarification on what they have installed, and what the max rate is.

It doesn't seem very future proof with modern EVs hitting over 200 peaks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm surprised they didn't choose a location nearer the Gateway Retail park instead but maybe InstaVolt is too much competition.

That one just has two crappy PodPoint destination chargers (one of which is perma-broken) for a massive carpark. There should be at least 20 spaces.

There must be decent power supply here 馃 would have made more sense to put the Osprey/Kempower here to me.

Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt Land lot

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Darkness Rectangle

Cloud Sky Car Asphalt Road surface

Product Infrastructure Map Font Parallel

1 - 20 of 39 Posts