·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,878 Posts
They did have RFID cards for a while but I've not seen anywhere that you can do it but it would be a nice feature and make use of all the cards they had.
They're part of Octopus Energy's "Electric Juice" scheme. If you're with them you can request an Octopus RFID card that'll work on Osprey (also Alfa Power, Hubsta, Char.gy, Franklin LiFe & Plug-n-go) & add the charging fees onto your home electric bill.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,350 Posts
(also Alfa Power, Hubsta, Char.gy, Franklin LiFe & Plug-n-go)
The disparate nature of the UK charging network laid bare in one set of brackets! I have never heard of half of those.

Is it just me that looks forward to the day when there is a 'big 4' in the charging world when all these shitty little companies get eaten up or die and we can perhaps get a bit of consistency to the charging experience?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The disparate nature of the UK charging network laid bare in one set of brackets! I have never heard of half of those.

Is it just me that looks forward to the day when there is a 'big 4' in the charging world when all these shitty little companies get eaten up or die and we can perhaps get a bit of consistency to the charging experience?
Yes, as when that happens prices will be much higher.

·
Registered
2021 Lexus UX300e
2,592 Posts
I wish I knew. It was mentioned on another thread. VAT at 5% if you have a contract vs 20% if you just pay at the time of charging with no membership. I have absolutely no idea whether this is true, but if you find out please post your findings on this thread.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But, if your paying a subscription is that a way around it then as that is technically a private offering not a public one? another way to help keep subscription prices down for those that need to use the points a lot.

Tesla has been including 20% for a long time now but i suppose as its a closed private network they could maybe wangle 5% for owners...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.