Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
322 Posts
Hmmm, nice. Now let's hope Kia have proper QC in place ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
It looks to me like the "engineer mode" isn't really full engineering mode. I wonder if I got the wifi in my 4.
I got the same version of the head-unit (built few months before his) - but we have no wifi mode available in the unit.
It seems like - once again, Kia is fleecing UK customers on features and equipment. Really wish I knew this before..

·
Registered
249 Posts
We don't have OTA in the states, and don't consider ourselves "fleeced"

But I will agree that you guys are getting ripped off having to pay for updates, so far it seems that Korea, Canada, and the USA can download and install updates for free over SD card or recently USB.

Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What we really need is a Kia service technician who can remain anonymous but get us the files to update knowing that they are doing the right thing and bringing joy to people.

If the software updates were mega and offered performance improvements like Tesla then I'd have no problem in paying a nominal fee but from what I've seen they are mostly cosmetic?

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
69 Posts
I wonder if I got the wifi in my 4.
I suspect not so as we only have plug-in CarPlay and Android Auto and Bluetooth doesnt have sufficient bandwidth for high volume data transfer. It could be there and just not accessible in the current configuration and the 4 does have cellular and often Bluetooth, WiFi and cellular equipment come on one component but I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts