Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well its been a long old Saga SAW-GATE.. But its drawing to a close.

After spending the last 6 weeks in probably the oldest Kona EV in the UK (Mid Aug 2018 Press Car) we finally got to see our new car today and do a pre delivery inspection. Cant take it till Tuesday morning as its on a 70 Reg

OLD BOY PRESS CAR

Only had 9k on the clock (at 22 months old when they lent it to us, so we have done our best to bring it up to average mileage ;-). Been a great car no different to our original Kona its performed well and taken us everywhere in the UK we have need to go.

NEW WHEELS...

But it was nice today to have a nosey round the new wheels and do a pre delivery inspection.

Really looking forward to having the app, and 3 phase charging will be nice as a few sites we visit have 11kw units.

--------------

Went away from Acid Yellow for a couple of reasons. Figure it will be easier to sell when the time comes, and our Acid Yellow did seem a bit jinxed. Having the issues it dod, it also took a major hit when it was only 2 weeks old, which led to a fair bit of repair, and also a couple of other scrapes.. It just seemed to be one of those cars that was prone to getting into fights!..

SO NOW WHAT...

Well its no secret I want something different, I was thinking about selling the new one straight away, and getting a Model 3 or a Polestar. But SWMBO is adamant thats not going to happen..

So it looks like we will be in the new Red car for 6 months or so till I can find something she will want as well... Nothing wrong with the Kona, Best EV we have ever had by a country mile, but just that itch there to try something new.. (I get bored easily). In fact how SWMBO is still here after 30 years and not been traded in is a mystery.

Anyway, So 67k miles in Acid Yellow. 7k miles in Old Red Press. And now onwards and upwards lets see what the future brings...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looking forward to your review of the improvements comparing the two. I hope Hyundai gave you a good deal on the new car.
Cheers, Yes looking forward to seeing how the app works, and will use the 3 phase charging a bit, dont think we ever sat in the back of the old car, so the heated rear seats will probably never get used.

Not going to post full details of the deal, we are very happy with the deal Hyundai put together.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,194 Posts
That red is a good colour on the Kona. Probably my favourite.

If you want to go cheap n slightly cheesy then the Corsa might be a possible. It does come with 3 free services. No ACC though so the Pug version might be better.

Unlimited mileage warranty definitely seems a good idea it has to be said.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That red is a good colour on the Kona. Probably my favourite.

If you want to go cheap n slightly cheesy then the Corsa might be a possible. It does come with 3 free services. No ACC though so the Pug version might be better.

Unlimited mileage warranty definitely seems a good idea it has to be said.
SWMBO has laid down that it must match the range of the Kona, Must Have Cooled Seats (Sweaty Betty!), and must have a HUD... So she's sort of set the bar way way high...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Nissan Ariya might be worth a look - If you can wait.

John.

Reactions: stageshoot

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,166 Posts
Make sure Old Boy Press Car and New Wheels are not one in the same. From the photos, they look pretty identical to me! Sure they haven’t just changed the plate? Did you ever see the two vehicles at the same time? ;)

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,166 Posts
Are you a one vehicle family then? Couldn’t SWMBO have the Kona and you get something else. With all the business miles you do, I would have thought your vehicle would pay for itself.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I was going to say that - I think they just swapped the plates over. "He won't notice, he's a customer, he won't understand these new electric cars anyway." ;)

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you a one vehicle family then? Couldn’t SWMBO have the Kona and you get something else. With all the business miles you do, I would have thought your vehicle would pay for itself.
No for our sins we work together. (8 to 10 hours together in a car all day, then the rest at home together). Its a wonder I am not Crazy.. I am not My Mother Had Me Tested.!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Make sure Old Boy Press Car and New Wheels are not one in the same. From the photos, they look pretty identical to me! Sure they haven’t just changed the plate? Did you ever see the two vehicles at the same time? ;)
Ah foiled them by driving one while they prepare the other.. also had the roof red on mine but will make sure they have not swapsied on Tuesday while doing the handover paperwork

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was Actually just wondering what happened with our old car.. Just got the dashcam footage from it as they were kind enough to hardwire it into the new car for us (I think they realised we like having a dash cam ;-) ). And it just shows the car at the head office and rapid chargers late July while they messed with it..

Then a couple of days ago the Tile tracker chip in it pinged up in North London, so its been wassing around I have no idea why, technically still ours till handover, but not sure what they have done with it..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Cheers, Yes looking forward to seeing how the app works, and will use the 3 phase charging a bit, dont think we ever sat in the back of the old car, so the heated rear seats will probably never get used.

Not going to post full details of the deal, but to say we have gone from a 2 year old car with 67k miles to a new car (That is now £6500 more than what we paid for ours). and a 60k mile service plan. Yes we have made a nominal contribution towards the change but we have come out of it very very well and are very happy with the deal Hyundai put together.
Good news. I am very pleased for you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts