Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to charge at Reading W this evening. Kept getting a communication error within seconds of the charge starting after 8-10 attempts.

Ecotricity reported another PHEV had same fault this evening. No biggie, but dropped into Membury to give them data on another session to look at. Charged fine but handle still broken (now logged).

??? Anyone else had issues with Ecotricity rapids?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody else used CHAdeMO with the PHEV?

Variable success:
Reading W - error
Membury W - OK
Chieveley - error
Exeter - OK

Error symptoms: charge starts, then quits immediately after 1-2 seconds to an error. 504 I think, something to do with communication error.

Ecotricity not getting back to me Re: fault reports after waiting on the line >5 mins & leaving messages for them.

The more people that report this, the better. Unless my PHEV is faulty more reports will ensure this is investigated and resolved.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hopefully ecotricity/British Gas will get themselves an Outlander for testing purposes!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one time I got through to them a chap told me Mitsubishi UK did give them one to trial and they recall some problem but another time it worked ok.

Not extensively tested it seems.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tested wetherby three times and Gateshead/chesterlee street a1 south bound no faults thus far.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the list is growing:
Reading Westbound - Error
Membury Westbound - OK
Membury Eastbound - OK
Chieveley - Error
Exeter - OK
South Mimms - OK

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Reactions: PaulMorris and Paul

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I think they are all to blame... everyone except me that is :D

Mind you... I did break Sedgemoor a few months back but my excuse was that it was raining ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive used Fleet Southbound and Rownhams east and westbound with no problems. You can rapid charge to 86 % then it starts to slow down to 19 A so I left. There were loads of people staring at it in Fleet.

My wifi only switches on when it is rapid charging which is a bit odd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here but thought you may be interested in an issue I believe occurred with the Ecotricity charger at Cambridge services. I've used the Chargers here several times without issue, last Sunday heading home I stopped for a brew and took advantage of the Chargers. On returning to my Outlander I noticed that the charger itself said "error", the car showed an EV range of 20miles so I thought nothing more until I tried to move!

I got an error message "EV system service required" and wasn't able to move. I got recovered from there and dropped off home 4 hours later. The car was taken into the dealership yesterday on another lorry, nut the first time they've seen the issue apparently. Hopefully it'll be a case of plug in some diagnostic kit and resetting EV system, I wait to see.

·
Registered
171 Posts
New here but thought you may be interested in an issue I believe occurred with the Ecotricity charger at Cambridge services. I've used the Chargers here several times without issue, last Sunday heading home I stopped for a brew and took advantage of the Chargers. On returning to my Outlander I noticed that the charger itself said "error", the car showed an EV range of 20miles so I thought nothing more until I tried to move!

I got an error message "EV system service required" and wasn't able to move. I got recovered from there and dropped off home 4 hours later. The car was taken into the dealership yesterday on another lorry, nut the first time they've seen the issue apparently. Hopefully it'll be a case of plug in some diagnostic kit and resetting EV system, I wait to see.
No way of using your Outlander in ICE only mode ? Missed trick by Mitsubishi. Perhaps the petrol and electric drivetrain are too interlinked to do that. Do let us know what the garage say.

I saw an Outlander, plugged into the EH at Cobham on Sunday - the car wasn't charging though, as the display was saying "DC unavailable (Card in error)". AC option wasn't available to choose, not that I'll be able to use it. The other charger was totally blank, no display. No 7KW chargers that I could see nearby.

·
Registered
616 Posts
, plugged into the EH at Cobham on Sunday - the car wasn't charging though, as the display was saying "DC unavailable (Card in error)". AC option wasn't available to choose, not that I'll be able to use it. The other charger was totally blank, no display. No 7KW chargers that I could see nearby.
The only time I've seen that error was when I was charging at Lymm services, it was my fault as it was one of the 'newer' type CHAdeMo connectors which I hadn't used before and hadn't pushed all the way in for the yellow button to 'click' into place. I took it out, stopped the charge session, re-read my card against the rapid and put the connector back in and it started up fine after that. Maybe something similar??

EDIT: Sorry should have added, I was in the Leaf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No way of using your Outlander in ICE only mode ? Missed trick by Mitsubishi. Perhaps the petrol and electric drivetrain are too interlinked to do that. Do let us know what the garage say.

I saw an Outlander, plugged into the EH at Cobham on Sunday - the car wasn't charging though, as the display was saying "DC unavailable (Card in error)". AC option wasn't available to choose, not that I'll be able to use it. The other charger was totally blank, no display. No 7KW chargers that I could see nearby.
Yep definite design issue, I had a full tank of petrol!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only time I've seen that error was when I was charging at Lymm services, it was my fault as it was one of the 'newer' type CHAdeMo connectors which I hadn't used before and hadn't pushed all the way in for the yellow button to 'click' into place. I took it out, stopped the charge session, re-read my card against the rapid and put the connector back in and it started up fine after that. Maybe something similar??
The dealership have seen it before they think it may be related to a surge or spike in charging point output. Makes me think that they will just do a reset of the EV.....hopefully.

I should add that the charge appeared to have completed, I had a 20 mile EV range showing and around 80% battery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts