Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered mid June and the leasing company advises a estimated delivery date of mid August after arrival at the docks end of July. It sounds early to me as I've read a few people order around the same time being told September. Is anyone on the same boat ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the next batch of PHEV's is on the Lyra leader ship, due into portbury docks, Bristol on the 14th July. Depending on when your particular car comes off the ship and is processed, extras fitted etc and then got onto a transporter to the dealer, early August is possible. I ordered mine early June but I'm waiting for September delivery, it's a private purchase and I'm away for most of August so makes sense to wait for the new reg.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I believe the next batch of PHEV's is on the Lyra leader ship, due into portbury docks, Bristol on the 14th July.
Can you please tell me how you know this? Don't doubt you ... just curious. My dealer mentioned my Outlander was arriving in-country mid-July, but the more detail the better!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you please tell me how you know this? Don't doubt you ... just curious. My dealer mentioned my Outlander was arriving in-country mid-July, but the more detail the better!
Dealership has told me cars are due in on the 14/7. Looking at portbury docks arrivals, (where mitsubishi fits extras) there are 3 roro ships due in that day but the Lyra leader is out of japan originally. Putting 2+2 together and hopefully getting 4ish ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered one yesterday. I was told there was a shipment coming in and if there were any left on it that hadn't been pre sold I *may* get one in September.

To increase our chances we will take any colour (except white), if there are none left it would be October.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just out of interest are Mitsubushi budging on the RRP price. I doubt it means that they are selling well!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just out of interest are Mitsubushi budging on the RRP price. I doubt it means that they are selling well!
They may sell less well after Clarkson' s review today in the Sunday Times Driving section - he gives it only two stars out of five and ends with "There are some drawbacks though. And the main one is this. If you strip away all the clever - running gear, the Outlander isn't a very good car..."
So I wonder if when the new reg kicks in there may be some price movement.
Also incidentally a curious 4 page wrap around advert for the Nissan Leaf this week playing on images of fuel filling at cost of 2p/ mile with petrol station morphing into domestic garage.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Also incidentally a curious 4 page wrap around advert for the Nissan Leaf this week playing on images of fuel filling at cost of 2p/ mile with petrol station morphing into domestic garage.
Cool, sounds like a decent advert at last.

Does someone have a photo of this advert? Or if someone could post it up that would be excellent!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Cool, sounds like a decent advert at last.

Does someone have a photo of this advert? Or if someone could post it up that would be excellent!
It's probably going to be in the Dailys somewhere tomorrow and I can see the concept but I 'm not sure non EV owners will get it. We all know about the great advantage of refuelling from home so probably see the graphic differently. They also have a petrol pump nozzle on back page by itself but facing a tethered cable LEAF on the front page but you have to fully open the supplement to get the whole picture.
I'm intrigued about why this advert now - it's showing petrol pump at 130.50/ litre so isn't particularly anticipating prospective fuel price increase.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had a look at their website and can't seen anything obvious. Where did you hear or read about that ?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just had a look at their website and can't seen anything obvious. Where did you hear or read about that ?
I think Dean meant "Just out of interest are Mitsubushi budging on the RRP price? I doubt it, means that they are selling well!"

Adding a comma makes a big difference...

Reactions: Olivier

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got mine on a Personal Contract deal so didn't get into haggling too much.

Got confirmation that every colour except our first choice is available on the September shipment, but we weren't that fussed so have switched to black. They are going to confirm when in September we will get it. Fingers crossed its early September.

In other news British Gas have come back and confirmed an installation date for the free 16v charge point within 4 days - pretty chuffed with that...was reading the subsidies were changing and there was a huge backlog of orders.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got my British Gas charge point installed this afternoon. Very pleased with the job. Carried out by PH Jones.

The only issue is I thought I read somewhere you should get a free smartcard to access one of the public charge point networks (can't remember which one, still a n00b when it comes to all this) bundled with the install. Can anyone else confirm this?

The British Gas page has now changed (no more free installs) so can't confirm from that...
http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/energy-saving/electric-vehicles/electric-charging-offers.html

1 - 20 of 36 Posts