Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive a Hyundai Kona electric and SWMBO is looking to change her car in a couple of months Not enough funds for a new Eniro or a model Y so most of her journeys being short I am looking at an Outlander PHEV GX5HS (she likes SUV) and the height makes it easy for her mother to get in and out.
Probably 2017 and 40-50K as we have to Import to Ireland, a couple of things what way is best to look at battery SOH and what are the obvious things to look for on a used one, your help would be appreciated

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,398 Posts
I picked up 2017 Juro as Android auto and DAB were desirable. 18k for one with 30k miles

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up 2017 Juro as Android auto and DAB were desirable. 18k for one with 30k miles

Thanks Dave i dont know if the GX5HS has android auto but without doubt Waze is the best route planner out there.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Links to previous buying threads in the FAQ section ZZ: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV FAQ

Unfortunately, the stored battery SoH estimate is almost certainly wrong, because the BMU often under-estimates it. The good news is that battery degradation is rare: The system is very conservative.
Can you use ev notify or another app to get the individual cell voltages as my guess that would be the best way to detect degraded cells?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Thanks Dave i dont know if the GX5HS has android auto but without doubt Waze is the best route planner out there.
Android auto can use Google maps / Waze. It also supports Apple CarPlay

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Android auto can use Google maps / Waze. It also supports Apple CarPlay
My Kona does not have built in Sat Nav so I use Waze on it and apart from some compatibility issues it's the best one out there

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an Update i collected a 2017 Outlander PHEV 4HS for SHWMBO, on my drive from Liverpool to Dublin Via Belfast, and an unscheduled drive from Dublin to Cork and back in the same day, i have found it a pleasure apart from paying for Petrol which i found painful as a year long Kona EV owner.
just got the App to work which i was expecting to be difficult but connected on the second try, it needs to go to a Mitsi garage to get a BMS update and a cell smoothing procedure but we will see soon.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Just an Update i collected a 2017 Outlander PHEV 4HS for SHWMBO, on my drive from Liverpool to Dublin Via Belfast, and an unscheduled drive from Dublin to Cork and back in the same day, i have found it a pleasure apart from paying for Petrol which i found painful as a year long Kona EV owner.
just got the App to work which i was expecting to be difficult but connected on the second try, it needs to go to a Mitsi garage to get a BMS update and a cell smoothing procedure but we will see soon.
Cell smoothing is such a BS. Still have the Kona?

I filled up the car on 1st September and I have done less than 100 petrol miles since. 95% usage is electric. Wishing it had greater range though

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cell smoothing is such a BS. Still have the Kona?

I filled up the car on 1st September and I have done less than 100 petrol miles since. 95% usage is electric. Wishing it had greater range though

Yes still have the Kona thats my company car this ones for the MRS And so far she loves it, I think the BMS software updatE does more but i think the cell smoothing forms part of that.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
When charging my Juro, I think the overall charge is under 7kWh. Will have to check for updates / whatever else they do. Need to get OBD2 adapter this month.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a vgate one on Amazon but they are half the price on Aliexpress work well with phev watchdog

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a vgate in Leaf but been hesitant - ignorance is bliss sort of thing :)
I tried to use it as a lever to get the price dropped a bit but failed it was good value (definitely in Ireland)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts