Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Outlander PHEV GX5S

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  kin 
#1 ·
Conversation today with our local dealer has suggested that Mitsubishi have internally announced that a GX5S (name subject to change) is on it's way, that is specifically intended to attract the luxury SUV customers.

Will have a far superior interior, choice of different leather trims and all the usual works for a luxury car.

#3 ·
Typical, just after my GX4Hs has been delivered... ;-) Still, there is always the next lease...

So, thinking as to what they could add, the only things I miss from my Range Rover are:

Heated Steering Wheel - (gorgeous luxury, not necessity!!!)
Electric memory seats with lumbar
Electric, retracting steering wheel
Heated rear seats
Heated Windscreen (though I know they can't do this due to patents)
Proper solid rear shelf you can put stuff on...

#4 ·
Heated Windscreen (though I know they can't do this due to patents)
Don't know where this started by I've had non-Fords (the one most commonly mentioned as having "the patent") with heated screens.

Some VW group cars have them, BMW, McLaren even apparently... I'm sure the list goes on if I looked. So I'm fairly confident any manufacturer could offer them if they wish.

#7 ·
"reacting to" = "trying to maximise profit by offering high margin optional extras" :D

Good on them though, with the BIK rate so low people could go crazy with the options and still save a packet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.