Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@anyone, I looked at a couple of online places for insurance but they do not list the PHEV, not picked up the phone yet which I will do but wondering what anyone else has found so far and a rough idea of premium?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I found Mitsi's own brand insurance as good as any. Beat the price from Admiral (my previous insurer) and a couple of other quotes and easy to do as you'll probably be talking to them anyway to get the free 7 day drive away cover. My premium was around £530 I think, but I do have additional drivers one of whom has made a claim this year.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
343 Posts
Compare the Market & Confused both list it on their comparison sites too. I've had quotes from both.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's a tip, if you get a quote from Mitsubishi early enough and edit it online they keep texting you with better prices. Irritatingly I paid over the phone yesterday and paid £535, since then the price has gone down to £522 and now £508 by text. Wonder where it will end up :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great stuff, didn't even think to check Mits own insurance. Anyway wasn't the cheapest but wasn't too far off £325 with the better half on as well. I did it over the phone as website didn't work properly but still got the 10% as site didn't work. I reckon might have got it down more but have a year to sort out now.

·
http://ts.la/david3488
702 Posts
Whom did you choose?
Mitsubishi quote £485 sdp+bus+spouse
gx4hs

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
343 Posts
Allianz charged me an extra £4.96 for swapping the Passat Alltrack to the Outlander. That's for the remainder of the policy (20 Nov to Mid-Sept 2015). The Passat annual premium was £190. Also SDP+Business+Spouse with same cover, Protected, £100 excess.

·
http://ts.la/david3488
702 Posts
Well I rang Aviva and they charged £27 extra until September
So £505 for the gx4hs & the Leaf Tekna on a multicar
Im happy with that :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts