Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Outlander PHEV Rapid Charge Help Please

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jools 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was at the Holiday Inn in Winchester earlier today, they have an EV car charging point that seems to be rapid charge capable....

http://www.hiwinchester.co.uk/electric-car-charge-point-at-the-holiday-inn-winchester1

I bought a 32 A 7pin to "normal" cable and plugin in my outlander popped in for a coffee and came back to find only 4 miles had been added to my range. I am assuming I need to use the Chademo socket for rapid charging. This charge point has no cable, so do I need a 7 pin to chademo cable, and is this safe to plug my car into? I was expecting the rapid charge point to have a chademo cable on it. I didnt ask the hotel of they had a cable, as mine fitted. I am not sure what type of charger this is as its on no maps, but its in a very handy location for me and its free so I would be keen to rapid charge from it if possible.
Thanks for any help

#2 ·
As far as I know, nobody sells Chademo cables, and if the charge point doesn't have the tethered cable, it's not a rapid.
It's interesting they also say that 2 cars can charge at once - I've never heard of a rapid that can do that.
I think they've mixed up some terminologies and misunderstood what the charge point of valuable of.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Here's an outlander rapid charging - you don't bring your own cables along - it would cost more than the 3 year service plan and some. That hotel has a Rolec cheap and cheerful charger suggest you advise them to update their website.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mitsubishi Sport utility vehicle

#6 ·
Yes, I thought that too. But it also states "can charge a car to 80% in 30 minutes"...

#11 ·
There is a picture on their website - it's type 2, probably 32a, and could charge 2 EV's at once

You are looking at about 4 hours to charge a PHEV, at 16a, or a Leaf at 32a

At a hotel, it's more suited for overnight guests, rather than for a 20 min splash and dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.