1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Me and my mate are looking at buying a phev
My mate wants to buy one asap so we been trying to figure things out
He is looking at getting a 2016/17 model and im looking at a 2017 2.0L or 2018 2.4L

first question is
Most of them have been serviced at odd amount of miles like 25k ect
I thought servicing had to be done every 12.5k or 12 months?

if the serviced was done by another company is the warranty still valid?

im worried about the phev electrical system warranty

is the warranty 3 or 5 years?

also which models support apple car play?
We both be buying the 4H version

we are from the uk
Thanks alex

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
133 Posts
Most of them have been serviced at odd amount of miles like 25k ect
I guess this would be people thinking they were 50% EV km so no need to use the recommended service interval?

if the serviced was done by another company is the warranty still valid?
As long as they follow the handbook service items, yes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The service interval is a worry. You should probably speak to Mitsubishi about that rather than ask on a forum.

I'm assuming you're based in the UK from your location. The following points apply to Europe:

- It's perfectly fine to get the car serviced outside the Mitsubishi dealerships as long as you have details of what what was done and what items were replaced, including brands, part numbers, etc. If you have to claim on the warranty, you have to be able to prove that any parts and work affected were of similar or higher standards to Mitsubishi's.

- For any car registered after the middle of 2015, the mechanical warranty is 5 years and the warranty on the EV side is 8 years. I've heard of very few claims under the EV warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 cars don’t have Apple Car Play, that came with the newer models (the ones with the 2.4l petrol engines I think).

Best to double check with the garage / dealership in question and get a demonstration of it as well as sometimes they say yes yes yes when it doesn’t have it.
Some of the people in the trade are clueless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts