Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard today my original delivery date of 11th August has come in to the 26th June.

Vehicle is due to dock (presumably Portbury, Bristol - just down the road) on June 5th, delivery will be made around 26th June. :cool: Bit sad, but might pop down the road with a long lens on June 5th and see what I can see :p

Has anyone heard better for UK deliveries?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Good news for you then. I hope these outlanders PHEV sell well. At the price their advertised they certainly should sell well!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Yeah, they have done well considering the imiev was more expensive than this when it launched! Mitsubishi were early to the game there, and it seems to be a gamble which has paid off. I hope the Outlander is wildly successful!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Holt at derby are trying to get ours delivered week commencing 23rd as they are aware we need it sign written and ready to be the show piece at the eu energy awareness week @ Nottingham university on the 26th. If it's not sign written they will think I'm selling the car not the charging solutions for it!

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Good news for you then. I hope these outlanders PHEV sell well. At the price their advertised they certainly should sell well!
waiting to hear from the dealer about a test drive. The fact that it has the practicality of an SUV had scored points with my partner. 5 years with a lovely four seater cabriolet might be coming to an end.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Order ours and it's on the boat Tortagus which I think is in the Indian Ocean at the moment

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am very sad and asked dealer. You can then track boats online or with app. Some people like football I like sensible things like this. Haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
Worth getting a test drive. We have had two. My wife's was interesting as she has not driven a auto. Son an me sat in the back chewing leather seats. I managed 109 mpg wife managed 65mpg. As the salesman said she would have been lucky to get 20 mpg out of diesel. Any way she loved it so Allston well.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am very sad and asked dealer. You can then track boats online or with app. Some people like football I like sensible things like this. Haha
Not that I condone such sadness but "not me, but a good friend of mine told me" the typical Mitsubishi logistics route is likely to be a ship from Asia into Zebrugge where they are then prepped before being sent onwards to the UK from Zebrugge to Portbury (Avonmouth) for final storage and shipping to dealers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've actually ordered mine, that's why I was interested to find when you ordered yours because I would like to compare where yours is in the supply chain.

I actually looked up where that boat was and it's about 300 miles west of Malaysia.

Paul' s description of the Mitsubishi logistics is correct, they all come over as they are produced in the factory (lean manufacturing) and at the port they change everything which includes from cloth to leather upholstery and put all the accessories on etc etc.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think we're in the same boat. :D I was told mine docks at Portbury on June 5th, gets processed and shipped off to a dealer to faff about fitting me a towbar, doing all the company fleet paperwork, PDI'ing it and finally delivering it to me on or before the 26th. So, I assume mine's already in Zebrugge now. :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine docks Wednesday :) Another 10 days minimum to rejig and put extras on hopeful delivery date 21st. Saw the guys at holt derby today and took there demonstrator out - biggest fastest go kart to change motoring industry ever!

Reactions: The Badger

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure I understand why they would change seats at the dock. That seems to add to logistic problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It is the lean manufacturing process, they do produce different vehicles out of the factory but do batches!

A lot of them have the same specification so they can produce a lot of vehicles with minimal disruption.

The seats etc are changed when it's a UK special edition rather than what they do when they come out the factory, they don't change seats is only the covers that they change.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure I understand why they would change seats at the dock. That seems to add to logistic problems.
I'm not sure that's at all right. As I understand it the factory produce standard GX3h, GX4h & GX4hs trim levels. These are then shipped around the globe and held in stock inventory on the dock in a country or regional hub. When you order up a car any options you specify are fitted at the dock allowing Mitsu central control & QC before the vehicle is shipped out to the supplying dealer.

Changing seats at the dock? Makes no sense at all as the factory produces the main trim models. Bunkum?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is the lean manufacturing process, they do produce different vehicles out of the factory but do batches!

A lot of them have the same specification so they can produce a lot of vehicles with minimal disruption.

The seats etc are changed when it's a UK special edition rather than what they do when they come out the factory, they don't change seats is only the covers that they change.
Lean manufacturing is complex. It is an entire design philosophy as much as a manufacturing approach. The way in which western manufactures approached lean manufacture in the late 80's and early 90's showed their lack of understanding in this area. They do indeed use batch, but not identical vehicles. An example is one model of vehicle has an electric motor and one has a petrol motor. The install of the former takes 20% longer than the latter. If all vehicles were electric then the throughout would drop. Therefore they batch - for every x amount of petrol built it enables a time bank that allows an electric to be built. This is why for certain vehicle models you find certain specification more difficult to obtain (longer lead time quoted for example).

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Give me a shout when it's in Portbury and I'll cycle past and take a snap :)
I think we could be on the MORNING MENAD which is inbound from Zebrugge, due in dock on the tide tonight at 22:30:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/308653000

The only other car carrier scheduled in for the 5th is AUTOSUN but she was last headed out into the Bay of Biscay, and no info to suggest she's coming back via Zebrugge.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/255801490

1 - 18 of 18 Posts