Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else tried it on the Model S?

I was surprised it works remarkably well. Who needs to wait for a calendaring / mail client :)

It would be really nice if Tesla offered a way to add additional top level buttons (next to the
Media/Browser/Nav/Camera/Energy) which you could customise to jump you straight to a specific website, in the same way you can with iPhones.

It would also be nice if I could have 2 browser windows open at the same time!

Super Moderator
Does it respond ok? I use OWA on my phone sometimes and its pretty sluggish.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@Edd Beesley

Yep actually pretty good. TBH I just have it on on the bottom half of the screen, so when I'm stuck at traffic lights on my commute I can glance through the issues I'm likely to face when I walk into the office.

Replying to emails, just like on a tablet, is a frustrating and pointless task without a proper keyboard.

Hopefully next year will be "2015 (re)Rise of the Laptops." Though it will be funny watching people show off their fancy new laptop, by using the webcam to take photos at the next Ed Sheeran gig ;)

Super Moderator
@Edd Beesley

Yep actually pretty good. TBH I just have it on on the bottom half of the screen, so when I'm stuck at traffic lights on my commute I can glance through the issues I'm likely to face when I walk into the office.

Replying to emails, just like on a tablet, is a frustrating and pointless task without a proper keyboard.

Hopefully next year will be "2015 (re)Rise of the Laptops." Though it will be funny watching people show off their fancy new laptop, by using the webcam to take photos at the next Ed Sheeran gig ;)
Well that's slightly more sensible than reversing in the Model S and using the parking camera and screen grab function!

Slightly.

I actually used to do this in LA traffic. On the Active E (as with some of the newer BMWs, the vehicle is able to read your emails and text messages (as well as display the email headers) to you. I used to use that all the time when I drove. So, I missed the function when I moved to the Model S... So, I did OWA, and that worked. Got to be cumbersome and somewhat unsafe, so I just skipped it, and did what "more sensible people do" and wait until I get to the office to address it. If it was really important, people will call me. (On most days, I have around an hour to an hour and a half each way in Southern California traffic).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts