Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a departure time set to charge and heat vehicle. When I connect "granny charger" and press the top button at charging flap to override the departure time, the button lights up and charging begins.

I have noticed over the last few weeks, on various days intermittently the car will sometimes charge to 100% or other days only to 60% as per the minimum charge level when a departure time is set, even though I have pressed button to override departure.

I have a 2018 advance with granny charger used once a day at work. Zappi at home. Can't say I've noticed the same issue with Zappi.

Anyone else had this issue occur?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've not had this issue occur. It always works fine with my car.

Have you tried with a Type2 cable? Perhaps the granny is overheating/detecting a fault and this is causing the car to stop momentarily, but if it is on a scheduled charge it may continue automatically.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not had this issue occur. It always works fine with my car.

Have you tried with a Type2 cable? Perhaps the granny is overheating/detecting a fault and this is causing the car to stop momentarily, but if it is on a scheduled charge it may continue automatically.

It always reaches the lower charge limit set when departure time is set.

If it was stopping before this I would think it could be overheating as you suggest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts