Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an EO Mini Pro charging unit fitted before Christmas. It lasted about a month then packed up, so we now have a new unit. We charge overnight with TOU set to match Octopus Go hours. A couple of times with the first unit we found that we got to the car in the morning and the e-Pedal setting was off. Odd, but we let it go.

Now with the new unit, all three overnight charges have resulted in the e-Pedal setting being off when we start the car in the morning.

Anybody got any thoughts on how this might happen? Nissan have said I need to book it in for a check, but I thought I'd ask here to see if others have experienced anything similar.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,947 Posts
Does it do it if you charge the car to less than 100% eg 90%?

The save E Pedal setting toggle is definitely switched on isn't it? I'd try turning it off and then setting it back on again to see whether it changes how it behaves on the next charge.

Does it do the same if you turn on Eco or if you take Eco off if you have it on?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. None of the charges have been to 100%, as we tend to just use the 4 hours cheap electricity. So today it was 94% when I started up.

The e-Pedal is definitely on. I took a video last night to prove it to myself (I tend to doubt things otherwise!). I will try switching it off and on again (ha!).

Haven't tried too many different settings. Want to see if the pattern was true and I think the same answer three times in a row proves we have an issue.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,947 Posts
Sounds like it. I might try turning E Pedal on before I charge mine and see whether it does the same.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi. None of the charges have been to 100%, as we tend to just use the 4 hours cheap electricity. So today it was 94% when I started up.

The e-Pedal is definitely on. I took a video last night to prove it to myself (I tend to doubt things otherwise!). I will try switching it off and on again (ha!).

Haven't tried too many different settings. Want to see if the pattern was true and I think the same answer three times in a row proves we have an issue.
It's not just about having the e-pedal on; there's a setting for whether or not it remembers the state of the e-pedal or not. Check that within the settings.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. E-Pedal mode memory has always been on and still is. If I switch the car off at night, e-Pedal is still on in the morning unless we charge.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think this is to do with the lack of regen braking available when the battery is near 100%, isn't it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is to do with the lack of regen braking available when the battery is near 100%, isn't it?
I don't think so. The car was only 94% charged when I switched it on this morning. And, with our previous charging unit, we charged to 100% without the e-Pedal switching from on to off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts