Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Alot of people are driving fast with empty roads.

If you get into an accident, the kit or doctors might not be available to help you or the people involved in an accident.

No excuse for that.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,186 Posts
And now it makes sense why I've suddenly seen a lot more of the speed camera vans in the past week.

I'd love to hear the driver's attempts in court to justify going 94 over the speed limit in a 40 zone, because I have no doubts that their excuse will be just as dumb as the speed they were caught doing!

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And now it makes sense why I've suddenly seen a lot more of the speed camera vans in the past week.

I'd love to hear the driver's attempts in court to justify going 94 over the speed limit in a 40 zone, because I have no doubts that their excuse will be just as dumb as the speed they were caught doing!
"I'm used to driving a 'normal' car and judge the speed by the sound of the engine" :ROFLMAO: :censored:

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is crazy and if ti was the Tesla doing 134 in a 40 you might not hear it coming! I don't think my car has been over 85 in it's 7k miles. And that was short lived on a clear motorway with a feeling of guilt and paranoia. Not a good excuse but I just wanted to see if it still pulled at motorway speeds. It's all about the acceleration IMO, top speed is an absolutley pointless spec for a road car as long as it can keep up with normal traffic.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Alot of people are driving fast with empty roads.

If you get into an accident, the kit or doctors might not be available to help you or the people involved in an accident.

No excuse for that.
And a trip to A&E might be risking death right now.

Fear of that has meant my MTB (which I could easily ride without seeing a soul) has stayed in the garage!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Does this Tweet actually confirm that the M3 driver was caught doing one of the stupid speeds or could he have been pulled over and photographed because the copper wanted a look at the car? :unsure:

Anyway mine is red so it wasn't me! :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I really hope it wasn't the Tesla doing 134 in a 40. I do have concerns about EVs in the hands of the great unwashed. It's easy to speed by accident as a sensible driver, so dread to think what hoons will do.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,355 Posts
Unfortunately there are cocks on the roads at all times, some of them drive EVs, yes even Tesla’s.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts