Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to test drive the Soul EV at the weekend. Bit worried that they don't seem to be very popular (don't recall seeing them on the road) whilst the online reviews I've seen seem quite positive. Would love to hear from owners with experience (good or bad) and any comparisons to Zoe or Leaf. Thanks.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Well built and designed and easy to use.
I got it from WLMG High Wycombe on a PCP deal. They loaned me a car for a few days when I wanted it and I was glad I didn't have to travel into London to pick one up.
Reading these forums it seems that Kia finance deals aren't as good as others. I don't know.
For me it's a better machine than the Leaf and pound for pound a higher spec as 6.6KWh Fastcharge, metallic paint and two cables come as standard.I didn't fancy the leather on the Tekna as its cold in winter. The Leaf remains a lovely car though and personal criteria like a higher driving position, conventional feeling 'gear' stick and its shape were the main reasons for my decision.
With five up, at the end of March, I took a drive towards Bristol from West London using heating etc and reckon I could have made it in one hop to the Eastern outskirts (about 100 miles) on one charge at around 60 on the motorway.
I did stop at Membury as my rellies had refused a free charger install two years ago (strange but true!)

I will let you know in a few weeks if I can do that trip nonstop.
In the meantime do as many test drives as you can and check out Fullycharged show and any others on Youtube.

Enjoy the test!

·
Registered
355 Posts
If I got a Soul I would just play this with the windows down constantly as I drove around :

Awesome, literally EVERY time someone mentions a Kia Soul, this song pops into my head. This all the reason you need to get one... clearly the funkiest EV out there ....

<continuing my trend of sub-useful postings, sorry>

J

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought one a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Well built and designed and easy to use.
I got it from WLMG High Wycombe on a PCP deal. They loaned me a car for a few days when I wanted it and I was glad I didn't have to travel into London to pick one up.
Reading these forums it seems that Kia finance deals aren't as good as others. I don't know.
For me it's a better machine than the Leaf and pound for pound a higher spec as 6.6KWh Fastcharge, metallic paint and two cables come as standard.I didn't fancy the leather on the Tekna as its cold in winter. The Leaf remains a lovely car though and personal criteria like a higher driving position, conventional feeling 'gear' stick and its shape were the main reasons for my decision.
With five up, at the end of March, I took a drive towards Bristol from West London using heating etc and reckon I could have made it in one hop to the Eastern outskirts (about 100 miles) on one charge at around 60 on the motorway.
I did stop at Membury as my rellies had refused a free charger install two years ago (strange but true!)

I will let you know in a few weeks if I can do that trip nonstop.
In the meantime do as many test drives as you can and check out Fullycharged show and any others on Youtube.

Enjoy the test!
Thanks, everything I see/read sounds positive, looking forward to the drive so that I can compare to drives in the Leaf and Zoe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have had our for about 6 weeks now on a lease from Fleetdrive.

My wife is the main driver and loves the car, easy to drive fun, feels safe, good quality, responsive. She mostly does short trips less than 10 miles each way and has mostly charges at home, she has now done just over a 1,000 miles, average consumption is 4.1 miles per kW. Longest journey has been 52 miles each way. The car seams to be quite conservative on its projected range and using the stronger regen braking help extend the range quite a lot.

The car is just perfect for her needs and I would highly recommend. We looked at the leaf and BMWi3, whilst these both had their merits for us the range, comfort and drivability of the Kia made it the best choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have one while my Zoe is being repaired. The Soul has a bit more torque, better quality materials in the cabin. Zoe feels nicer to me to drive as the driving position is a little higher and the steering feels more direct. I love R-Link, some don't. I prefer having one port for charging but if you need Chademo then that goes towards the Soul. I'm loving the Soul, but looking forward to having my Zoe back.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
We have 2, 500 miles on the second in the first week, very happy with them, it could do with more boot space but you can pack vertically as its box shaped! Range around 80 miles in winter and 110 miles in summer. Service pack is available for around £300 for 5yr/50k.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Zoe feels nicer to me to drive as the driving position is a little higher and the steering feels more direct.
did you adjust the Soul drives seat hight as you CAN adjust it since the Zoe has a seat what has to fit for all...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have 2, 500 miles on the second in the first week, very happy with them, it could do with more boot space but you can pack vertically as its box shaped! Range around 80 miles in winter and 110 miles in summer. Service pack is available for around £300 for 5yr/50k.
Thanks, you obviously liked the first one a lot to buy another! Boot space does look a bit small but the seats seem to fold quite flat to make a reasonable space for carrying bulkier loads

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have had our for about 6 weeks now on a lease from Fleetdrive.

My wife is the main driver and loves the car, easy to drive fun, feels safe, good quality, responsive. She mostly does short trips less than 10 miles each way and has mostly charges at home, she has now done just over a 1,000 miles, average consumption is 4.1 miles per kW. Longest journey has been 52 miles each way. The car seams to be quite conservative on its projected range and using the stronger regen braking help extend the range quite a lot.

The car is just perfect for her needs and I would highly recommend. We looked at the leaf and BMWi3, whilst these both had their merits for us the range, comfort and drivability of the Kia made it the best choice.
Fleetdrive seems a popular choice for the Soul, think mu usage likely to be similar to yours so thanks for adding more positive stuff on the range

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took delivery on the 1st June having returned my Leaf Tekna after two happy years. The Kia has proved to be an excellent replacement choice. Love the looks of the car and the bigger battery pack compared to my 24 kWh Leaf is really paying dividends. Longest range out of a full charge so far is 114 miles with 4% remaining charge. Does not feel as quick off the mark as the Leaf but still impressive performance. For me it is a more practical option than the Leaf. The only downside is the lack of an app for remote control of heating/cooling functions. Would highly recommend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
did you adjust the Soul drives seat hight as you CAN adjust it since the Zoe has a seat what has to fit for all...
Yes. The issue for me as well is the boxy shape means the bonnet is annoyingly obvious. My wife says it's ugly and at work they think it looks like a LR Discovery which shrunk in the wash.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for all the views, had one for a test drive yesterday for three hours and enjoyed it so need to look into the finance now...
Did you go to the Bolton Kia? I had a test drive today from them and they offered 3yrs 8k miles £750 deposit and £254 per month or over 4 yrs £196 deposit and £234 per month.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you go to the Bolton Kia? I had a test drive today from them and they offered 3yrs 8k miles £750 deposit and £254 per month or over 4 yrs £196 deposit and £234 per month.
I've been dealing with Vicky Reed at Fleetdrive, they sorted out the test drive for me at Bolton and have some good lease deals, definitely worth giving them a ring.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
Staines to Keynsham on one charge (and same on way back)

As promised on an earlier post. I have just completed that trip yesterday. Motorway speeds around 60 and arrived at either end with about 9 miles to spare and no sign of the Turtle mode.
M way between J10 and J18 on M4. 'A' roads at either end with speed limits of between 50 and 60.
3 on board and nice to avoid even a free Ecotricity top up on a Bank Holiday weekend.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
About 99.8 miles on that full charge.
The top two figurers added together.
Westbound it was the bottom three for some reason.
Either way around about a 100.
I am happy as this is why I bought the car.
Size of bladder, number of committee on board deciding when to stop and a back injury make this about my range!
ANy further is a team effort or a rail journey (or fly)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts