Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming here from the Golf GTE sub forum and I’ve seen these sort of questions asked loads there.....

I've got the opportunity to buy an MY20 HSE through my business and would like some real world feedback. My daily business mileage is circa 80 at best so no issues here. Had a Pod-Point for the last 4 years so all set for home charging but what sort of mileage/efficiency are people getting on a 150 mile trip with a mixture of roads for example? Thinking summer holidays and visits to relatives etc. I’m not concerned with charging in the UK but has anyone travelled across Europe? We visit the Alps and the GTE ate the miles with no concerns but that was on petrol, what’s the charging network like in France for example? Also has anyone run an iPace with roof bars and a box on top? I’ve driven the car and it’s amazing but it still has to function as a family vehicle.

Thanks

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
338 Posts
On a recent 170 mile return trip from London to exeter in rather cold weather, the car used around 40kwh/100 miles. On National roads in France, it got down to 30kwh/100 miles. That’s with no attempt at efficient driving. I only drove relatively short distances in France and charged at slow points near where we stayed so can’t comment much on the network for long distance driving there. The corridor-door network was meant to help a lot but they had shutdown a lot of stations this summer due to charger reliability/safety issues.

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,814 Posts
Yes, I use a roof box sometimes and reckon it increases consumption by around 8-10%.
which is typically the case for an ICE vehicle

Reactions: Olivier

·
Registered
398 Posts
Currently in this weather, heating on driving it normally, on the motorway getting around 2.7 miles per kW. Has a usable battery of 85.5 so around 230 100% to empty. Last full charge showed 267 miles but got 200 miles before I plugged it in and it was on around 15%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts