Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Oxford services is an odd one - ICEing generally isn't that common at Ecotricity chargers at most services thanks to the blindingly obvious markings and signs. But at Oxford it seems uncomfortably common. Must be something to do with the combination of the spaces being closest to the door and being the first ones you come to upon entering the car park.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@Belstar Agreed. Here are some recent true ICEers at Oxford. One thing all have in common, All belong in the fast lane when moving but can't read or think or play nice! Six Tesla supercharger usually all empty on leaving just to frustrate me further! Pointless reporting to Welcome Break st*ni management. That might explain our identical experience. All 3 enjoy a welcome break too often;)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snapshot Range rover

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But even if the management take no action they realise that they have a dissatisfied customer. if nothing is said they don't know that they are derelict in their duties.
Yes you are right but maybe I am the only one who bothers to get out and take a photo and hold it to their faces! I bet most drive off or wait and have never bothered to complain. Can you imagine the fuss if I parked on their rapid charger fuel pump? Haha I would rather let them spend another £150+ a tank for the privilege of living life in their fast lane. Great to be in a pure EV inspite of them :):D:p.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,875 Posts
The charge points at Oxford Wheatley are very poorly located because they are the first points as you drive in right next to the entrance as well, would have been much better sited where the Tesla Superchargers are located.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,989 Posts
Yes Room to give them a wedgie:D but. If they can't get in they can't leave and I think about the next BEV to arrive Donald.
They'd leave when I leave, and then the charger would become free. Can't see the issue there.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,989 Posts
Take the blindfold off then Donald and don't forget your pills :D Good night.
We might be picturing two different scenarios there. Not sure what is happening in yours. I'm sure those cars could still leave, if you park in the spaces to their sides.

·
10,875 Posts
Perhaps a letter with photo to the Company that 'Manages' the car park would work. They surely would appreciate the £100 potential.
I wondered about that as well, there is probably something that prohibits them using crowd sourced photos as even the official parking services have been caught photoshopping ;)

·
10,875 Posts
We might be picturing two different scenarios there. Not sure what is happening in yours. I'm sure those cars could still leave, if you park in the spaces to their sides.
There wouldn't be enough room to park between the cars, the gap is not that wide, even if you could squeeze your car into the gap you probably wouldn't be able to open the doors to get out.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The charge points at Oxford Wheatley are very poorly located because they are the first points as you drive in right next to the entrance as well, would have been much better sited where the Tesla Superchargers are located.
Yes, and in this particular car park as you turn into this access road there's a bit of "if I don't find a space NOW I'll have to do a go around" panic setting in

1 - 20 of 23 Posts