Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need your help, last night I got an error message in my GTE: "not charging 12v Battery".

This morning the error has disappeared but the OBD gives me a red fault code: P0D57 Drivetrain fault.

I can't find more about this than "Proximity Detection Circuit Range/Performance".

Any ideas? Can I drive the car safely?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys,

I need your help, last night I got an error message in my GTE: "not charging 12v Battery".

This morning the error has disappeared but the OBD gives me a red fault code: P0D57 Drivetrain fault.

I can't find more about this than "Proximity Detection Circuit Range/Performance".

Any ideas? Can I drive the car safely?
Hi Mate,

Just scanned my car today and had this code. Cant recall seeing an error on the dash and the car has not entries under status.

Did you find out what this was?

Info online is scare.
Thanks
Liam

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

If you have the fault reported on the car status screen or your car is still under warranty, I would take it to the dealer.

If it is not under warranty, it might be an expensive fix. I'm not sure as mine was fixed under warranty, but the issue they corrected was a faulty high voltage electronics box. It took a couple of weeks for the part to arrive from Germany.

Todor

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks.

Its still under 60 days warranty from arnold clark until this end of this month. Then I have 1 years extended with VW.

The code came up on my obd dongle so cleared it and didn't come up as an immediate fault. I will scan it with vcds next week. car is booked into VW end of the month for a few niggly issues nothing HV or mechanical.

I have had no error messages, car seems to be charging no probs, nothing apparent.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts