Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, the Project 45 models are highly specified and come with a range of additional features and
equipment above the standard model. Unfortunately, due to supply constraints on some components, the
manufacture of the Project 45 vehicles is delayed.

Production of right hand drive IONIQ 5 Project 45 vehicles is scheduled to be complete during July and allowing
for shipment and inland transport we anticipate that deliveries can be completed from late August through
September.

We sincerely apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Agreed Jimbo. That is the only silver lining. I am of course most interested in the real world range. If the P45 looks like being a real world SUB 200 mile car then I am going to cancel the order. Would be driving the proverbial tank for no real reason otherwise. Fast charging capability or not.
I would always prefer something smaller & lighter that can do 200+ miles real world.
The original promise was “300 miles” which I fully expected to be true as the Koreans have shown up to now they can produce efficient EV drivetrains. And it was going to be a 78 kWh battery which rapidly became a 72 kWh approx battery.
Looks like Hyundai will have the £1k deposits for some time…..

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can't believe component shortages would affect right hand drive assemblies to any greater extent than their LHD counterparts. It will just be down to marketing priorities. Yet again, Hyundai UK lets us down.
Absolutely this, we're a small market so would have needed to fight. You would have thought that they would have been allocated some though

·
Registered
104 Posts
Might be worth keeping an eye on the original spec v actual spec. Like has been suggested, it’s possible features will be removed. The p45 is already ‘discounted’ so it’s conceivable they could se spec. They made zero effort to make up the £3k shortfall from the government removing the grant.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I posted on an Hyundai Cars Channel “Get Ready for the New Mobility Life with the Ioniq 5” about the delays in delivery for the RHD market and e5kimo replied below

e5kimo
dont worry, my LHD is delayed until August as well. you are not alone :(

So might not just be the UK deliveries that are delayed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.