Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I write for The Register and am going to be reviewing a C-Zero and an e-UP over the next few weeks. I'm keen to hear from owners of these for background.

My electric car religious position is that I like all cars. No, I love all cars From Alfa to Zil.

This won't be a Petrolhead view that "nothing is worth having unless you have the roar of the V8" but neither will it be a "think of the children, the world must go electric".

My usage will be, what I think of as typical electric car, I live in a London suburb and work in central London. I'll park on my neighbour's drive and charge 13AMP (A 30 Amp socket is on order from British Gas). I don't have parking at work (EC1R). Any advice on where to park and charge is very welcome, but I guess that's for the charging part of this forum

I've driven the Tesla Roadster and the Leaf and I like the silence of an electric car. Actually I think ruling that electric cars will have to make a noise is a shame.

Simon.

·
Leaf lover
4,876 Posts
hello Simon, added this to my watch thread list.

I have a bee in the bonnet over the E-up price as I think it would be great for someone going into a VW showroom and eyeing an automatic High-up, be told "of course for the same money you could consider an E-up"

I have a lovely blue Leaf, done 42,000 miles and believe where you see "range anxiety" read "price anxiety"

·
Super Moderator
7,699 Posts
I haven't seen anyone on the forums whos bought an e-up, are they actually available yet...?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes they are in Milton Keynes it's a real lovely drive smooth and got a lot power. I set of in one with the car saying 88miles, after 10miles at 56mph in Eco++ mode when I got back it was saying 101miles remaining. Super little car

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hi Simon

The charging situation in the City is much worse than in Westminster. Your best bet may well be the West Smithfield car park.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Yes they are in Milton Keynes it's a real lovely drive smooth and got a lot power. I set of in one with the car saying 88miles, after 10miles at 56mph in Eco++ mode when I got back it was saying 101miles remaining. Super little car
To be fair, if it's VW group, it's most likely being driven around Milton Keynes. ;)

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
1 year iON owner here (same as a C-Zero & I-MiEV) - anything in particular you want to know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts