Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I hope you are having a good week.

I am trying generate few concepts on ev and trying to understand the pain points of ev owners today. I would really appreciate if you could help me with the below info
Pain cots could range from charging, paying for the charge, accessibility of the stations, home charging, enroute charging

On another note, would pay for a all-in-one subscription for charge, break down cover and insurance?

Any answers would be very helpful for my research. Thank you

Bhanu Kalla

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I suggest you hire an ev for a month then you might understand the replies.
And just what is/are "Pain cots"?

You can get EV's on subscription, all in for a monthly charge.

Reactions: bhanu

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pain points on owning an EV.
  • Having home charging or access to work charging is a must.
  • The infrastructure here in N. Ireland is attrocious and not getting better quick enough.
  • EVs are more expensive than equivalent ICE versions.
  • EV manufacturers tend to go the cheapest rather than the best option. For example there are 22kW public chargers available but most EVs only suck 11kW (or less) from them.
  • It's a similar story with rapid CCS chargers. The biggest answer to charging queues is rapid charging stations and EVs that can use them to their potential. Watching an EV sipping ~37kW from a 150kW charger is frustrating.
I would see no point in breakdown cover and insurance being included in an all-in-one subsrciption. A standard universal charger type would be nice and thankfully we are getting there with the Type 2 and DC/CCS Combo types. Also make all chargers accept credit/debit without the need for various apps and RFID cards. Again this does seem to be improving,

·
Registered
7 Posts
On hold trying to call polar charge master and nobody interested in answering the phone when I need to plug in and use a charger because my card failed for some reason.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,527 Posts
EVERYTHING to do with public rapid charging, mainly:
  • Single rapid charger everywhere are totally useless and unreliable (eg. queuing for charging, broken charger)
  • Too few rapid charging station/hub. This need to be as ubiquitous as petrol stations.
  • The app for the charger doesn't work, payment system doesn't work

Just rent an EV and go for a long drive and you'll see the pain points.

EV as local home-range runabout, only using the home charger, there is no pain points. Everything works very well and it's a better experience than ICE cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts