Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Yes or No?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do we think, better or not painted a very dark Anthracite? (This is a Photoshop, by the way....)

·
Registered
Vw ID.3 Life Pro
526 Posts
It's a yes from me.

Matches the roof/window surround colour, more so than silver, as there isn't a great deal of silver on the outside.

I think a lot of people just see wheels as being silver and get the preconception stuck in their head that that's what colour wheels should be.

I'd be tempted to do the wing mirrors a the same colour to, a la mini.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
I think a lot of people just see wheels as being silver and get the preconception stuck in their head that that's what colour wheels should be.
I’m not adverse to coloured wheels, just not so dark that you loose the shape. It’s ironic that to car designers the placing, size and design of wheels is so core to the look and character of the car, yet their marketing departments then decide they should be painted so dark that the effect is lost.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How about mocking up white trims rather than dark grey. I like the white wheels on our Kia Soul. Would pick out the new white VW badge and be something eye catching and different.

I suspect most will say eye catching and different in a bad way, but I like something a bit different.

To my eyes the dark wheels almost look like winter steel wheels. Silver makes the wheels look bigger.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about mocking up white trims rather than dark grey. I like the white wheels on our Kia Soul. Would pick out the new white VW badge and be something eye catching and different.

I suspect most will say eye catching and different in a bad way, but I like something a bit different.

To my eyes the dark wheels almost look like winter steel wheels. Silver makes the wheels look bigger.
Ask, and ye shall receive....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What about black trims as above but the the steel wheels behind it painted silver.
I am also giving that some serious thought as well...

..waiting for the weather to warm up a bit first though :)

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
198 Posts
Definite no for me.
If you are going to spend any money on the wheels at all spring for a set of alloys instead.
If you look after them there will be a huge used market for them when you sell the car. ( return the std wheels to the car and sell the alloys separately and either keep for your next id3 or sell and recoup to recover some of the cost)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.