Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a used Zoe, 2015 with 20k on. Didn't notice at the dealer but the bonnet or front wings look out of alignment, is this normal or they perfect when they leave factory.

Anyone else noticed anything?

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
437 Posts
The alignment between the front and wing panels on mine are fine on the driver side but poor on the passenger side - I actually only just noticed it today after a year of ownership so wondering if they've moved a bit. Also the wheel linings are pretty loose on both front wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at least am not the only one, to be fair it's the wife's car so i won't have to look at it much!

Si

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting: driver’s side is fine, passenger‘s side is not. I‘m not sure it ever was ok, but my partner thinks it was fine until the first service. I have booked her in to check on the rattle and will ask them to have a look at this, as well. Also, I found an, admittedly tiny, bit at the back of the passenger seat, where the filling is visible. I‘m not sure it is new, as I can’t see anything like an opened stitch or missing glue. It is a bit odd.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,084 Posts
Sometimes there are little 'slots' between the panels that aren't aligned right. One of mine was like that and came back from repair earlier in the year corrected as they had to pull it all apart at the front :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting: driver’s side is fine, passenger‘s side is not. I‘m not sure it ever was ok, but my partner thinks it was fine until the first service. I have booked her in to check on the rattle and will ask them to have a look at this, as well. Also, I found an, admittedly tiny, bit at the back of the passenger seat, where the filling is visible. I‘m not sure it is new, as I can’t see anything like an opened stitch or missing glue. It is a bit odd.
Funnily enough, my passenger side bumper to wing is popped out the top by about 1 cm (not damage to the bodywork so not a car park scrape type of thing). I noticed this after the first service. When it had its second service I asked the dealer to pop it back in. They said that they couldn't and it would require the body shop to do it. I thought "feck that", so I will just live with it. At least I am not the only one to have similar issues with the panels on the driver side.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The alignment between the front and wing panels on mine are fine on the driver side but poor on the passenger side - I actually only just noticed it today after a year of ownership so wondering if they've moved a bit. Also the wheel linings are pretty loose on both front wheels.
Just had another look at this and decided to use a bit of not-too-brute force and ignorance on the plastic bumper panel and it popped back into alignment. I think it may have got pulled out of line when I reversed out of some deep stones at the PodPoint at Minsmere RSPB the other week. Anyway, seems OK now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts